3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Interesting Article Truck Comparisons-Dodge-Niss-Chev-Toy-Ford.

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2007, 03:39 PM
NYPANAMA42
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Interesting Article Truck Comparisons-Dodge-Niss-Chev-Toy-Ford.

Cyclone, the one thing you forget is this. Without companies like Toyota, Nissan, GM, and others, building better trucks, and striving to become the best truck builders. Dodge would have no one to compete with. Therefore, everything would come to a stand still.
Take for example Toyota, they are claiming more HP, better braking than other trucks.(I don't know if you've seen the commercials) Well, if this is true, then Dodge needs to step up the pace to surpass Toyota, to reclaim that title...

Old 04-06-2007, 04:30 PM
cyclone429
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dodge raised the bar with in Dodge, Thier was a time not so long ago That Dodge trucks had a crapy reputation and to be honest, the fit and finish, polish that dodge has is dead last in camparison betwean the competting brands.

Dodge has never really been a sales leader in North America and if you added Gm and Ford sales to Dodge sales, the three brands will not out sell Toyota trucks.

My expectations of a truck may be simple, I'm not demanding, but I need dependability over glossy paint, interior looks, fancy gimacks.

Yes, I'm a hemi powerd red neck who enjoy's my woman when she's willing, likes my beer cold and my gun rack full.

The greatness that Dodge has, is the rough and ready looks that look good parked beside any upetty yuppy ( shows my age ) truck from Japan, or a lessor Ford or Gm truck.

Refignment is all sweat and dandy, but underneath Dodge is a better work truck that is not going to sell well for those living in a urban area who are image orintated.

If your happy with in and lucky to get a pickup that is well built, never ever worry abought the othier guy, Chances are, he's more worried abought you.

Old 04-06-2007, 08:02 PM
Pirata
Champion
Location: 2nd star to the right, then straight on until morning

I've never really had much faith in reviews. I may use them as a starting point but they are definately not the final judgement.

Old 04-06-2007, 08:08 PM
HankL
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Car & Driver Magazine's similar test:

http://www.caranddriver.com/comparis...ta-tundra.html

Old 04-06-2007, 08:17 PM
coder
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All reviews are based on what the "reviewer" thinks is important. I just purchased my first Dodge truck 4 weeks ago, always had Ford's for the last 15 years. I wanted the best heavy duty 4x4 I could get. I drove a Ford, Chevy, Toyota, didn't try the Nissan to ugly for my taste, the Ram Power Wagon beat everything else hands-down so I order one and am very happy with it. You be happier if you do your own testing, reviews are OK, but if you don't want what the reviewer wants it does not apply.

Old 04-06-2007, 08:42 PM
NYPANAMA42
Record Breaker

Cyclone, good one." Hemi powered redneck who enjoys his woman when she's willing, like your beers cold, and your gun rack full"
I have to remember that...

Old 04-06-2007, 10:57 PM
Pirata
Champion

ORIGINAL: HankL

Car & Driver Magazine's similar test:

http://www.caranddriver.com/comparis...ta-tundra.html
Lows: Need an elevator for boarding, quivery structure, Kmart-cheap interior plastic.
I guess they got that one right. If I was a few years older I might even say that.

Old 04-06-2007, 10:59 PM
Pirata
Champion

ORIGINAL: coder

All reviews are based on what the "reviewer" thinks is important.
This is true but remember the reviewer gets paid to express his opinion. If his opinion was not somewhat accurate to the average Joe he'd be canned.

Old 04-07-2007, 07:04 AM
djr04
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: NYPANAMA42

By numbers alone, Toyota appears to be succeeding. Tundra sales rose 11.8% in March, compared with declines of 8.6% for Chevrolet Silverado, 15.1% for Ford F-Series and 1.1% for Dodge Ram, Autodata reports.
I think the fact that ram sales have only fallen 1.1% compared to the much larger drops in other trucks says a lot about the popularity of the ram, and the fact that dodge has proven itself to get returning business from previous owners.

Old 04-07-2007, 05:32 PM
NYPANAMA42
Record Breaker

Interesting article HankL. ...

Quick Reply: Interesting Article Truck Comparisons-Dodge-Niss-Chev-Toy-Ford.