3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Light Wiring into the cab??

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2007, 02:48 PM
PX
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Light Wiring into the cab??

Hey folks. I'm planning on putting some lights behind the grill like the fellow did in this thread:
https://dodgeforum.com/m_443200/tm.htm

My question is.. what is the best way to bring the wiring into the cab? And where is the best place to install the switch? I'm hoping for some pics, but really any info is greatly appreciated.

Old 04-09-2007, 07:49 PM
FFMedic1479
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Light Wiring into the cab??

Either drill a whole in your firewall or cut a small slit in the rubber surrounding your steering... make sure you silicone this up. If you cut through the firewall use a rubber grommet to keep the insulation on the wire from rubbing away. Make sure you fuse the whole set up, or you will end up with a burned out shell of a truck. As for switch locations, it all based on how you want the end product to look and ease of use. You could run the switch to be next to the factory headlight switch. I mounted a sub control dial to the plastic cover just above the trans hump.

Quick Reply: Light Wiring into the cab??