3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

selling the true flow

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2007 | 02:51 AM
motorider228
|
Champion
Default selling the true flow

Well I am in the early stages of getting my truck bought back by dodge after having tons of problems so I have no need for the True flow anymore so it's up for grabs along with the filter and all the hardware. It is like 1.5 months old so I'll let it go for $200 shipped or best offer. Toss a number up, I'm flexible.

Old 04-10-2007 | 04:02 AM
DeWalt378G
Record Breaker
Default RE: selling the true flow

Damn! Why so bad? Are you going to get another truck or are you done with Dodge? You're not selling your posi are you?

Old 04-10-2007 | 05:11 AM
TRHemi
Rookie

What's going on with the truck man? (I've got an '06 Ram Hemi QC 2wd)
I've seen several recalls on06'sover the last year, but they (Dodge Service) keeps saying that my truck was built (in 05) when these items weren't an issue.
Let me know....maybe something I need to keep an eye out for.

Old 04-10-2007 | 06:11 AM
motorider228
|
Champion

Well I had the front end vibration recall done, it's back I blew tranny and had that fixed, the problem started again, I have a real bad engine brake when I let off the gas and I had my tq converter replaced since it was draining while I was driving, guess what? That too is messed up again. I am done with dodge. I blew my knee out racing my dirtbike so I no longer need a truck since I can't ride anymore so I'm going to get a Subaru wrx.

Old 04-10-2007 | 08:57 AM
livetokite
Veteran

wow that sucks.

i haven't had any problems with my truck (06 ram hemi 2wd) except for the wheel bearings recalled.

other than that it runs good, and has no problems

Old 04-10-2007 | 10:42 AM
youngram02

sorry to hear about your troubles!
I tell you I am not far behind you though. I haven't had the major expense repairs like yours but just the constant crap. I have ate up another set of dealer installed brakes in less than a year, the cat. converter seems to be plugged and is going in for replacement on Thursday, the drop links in the front end are shot and banging over every bump, and now it squeaks like a 90 yr old woman every time I turn the wheel. Seems that noise comes from the ball joints being shot!!!!! Only $550 to fix those since dodge was genious enough to mold them right into the upper control arms! On top of all the maintenence costs I love the 10 mpg I get driving up and down the highway everyday!

Only 57000 miles and it will definately be my last dodge pickup.

Old 04-10-2007 | 01:18 PM
Foiled
Veteran

ORIGINAL: motorider228

Well I had the front end vibration recall done, it's back I blew tranny and had that fixed, the problem started again, I have a real bad engine brake when I let off the gas and I had my tq converter replaced since it was draining while I was driving, guess what? That too is messed up again. I am done with dodge. I blew my knee out racing my dirtbike so I no longer need a truck since I can't ride anymore so I'm going to get a Subaru wrx.
How do you drive your truck. Do you drive it like a race car?

Old 04-10-2007 | 01:31 PM
Horseapples
Record Breaker

Sorry to hear about your problems. Every manufacturer makes a dud every now and then,law of probubility I guess. I have had good and bad in all brands.Hope you have better luck in the future!

Old 04-10-2007 | 01:39 PM
Mystro
Captain

Yup, Every vehical at any price point will have a bad one slip through. I have had 3 Rams without any problems. I dont blame you for changing teams after all you have been through. Where are you locaded for the muffler??

Old 04-10-2007 | 03:10 PM
motorider228
|
Champion

Foiled, I drive very easy on the truck. I mainly do it for the gas mileage but lately I have as I am afraid to do anything fast or hard on her and have the truck blow up lol. Mystro I am located in Las Vegas but I have none of the stock exhaust so the muffler must stay. My truck is at the dealer again as of this morning so hopefully I can speed the process on getting this Lemon bought back. I guess if I ever buy a truck again it will be a GM. I know they all have their problems but Dodges quality has really gotten to me. I have 8600 miles and it's like the truck has 100,000 on it with my problems. Oh yeah, my truck also eats about 2-3 inchs of coolant every month!

Quick Reply: selling the true flow