3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

New Mods On My Mistake

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 06:55 PM
whatsupitsslick
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Mods On My Mistake

I just got a 2002 Dodge Ram 2x4 with the 3.7L in it. I know big mistake (its what i could get at the time).
Anyway im about to put a low temp thermostat, cold air intake, cat back performance exhaust with resonator tips,
throttle body spacer, stage 2 jet chip, 6 in lift, and 37s on this lil standard cab short bed. I was wondering what
else i could do to this thing to get more power out of it and was wondering what yall thought of
the mods and if yall heard of good and bad things bout this stuff. I am also looking fo a supercharger, turbo, or a blower.
If yall have any info then please let me know. And i would also like to know what this powerwire thing is. L8R

Old 04-13-2007, 04:35 AM
HighDuke1911
Champion
Default RE: New Mods On My Mistake

ehh... on a v6? hm... this is tough dude. i personally dont think you should even put half that **** you plan on putting on there now. with the v6, i'd trade it back in for a v8 then do that **** to it. look, if you got the money for it + mods, why not get a v8 and not worry about mods for the moment and have a more powerful truck w/out mods vs. the weaker v6 w. mods? save money and time man. later on add the lift then slowly add in the performance gear.

Old 04-13-2007, 11:18 AM
whatsupitsslick

yeah thts what im thnkn bout doin. I just like the fact that this one is paied off. Im not to thrilled by the idea of another truck and paying on it but i think thts what im going to do. One of my buddies is a dealer and he is going to try and hook me up with a 2006 Daytona Edition but i cant remember if it is a 4x4 but in my head it looks like it might look alright sitting about 8 inches higher. I do know that it does have the hemi in it. We will see what happens. Hey can u tell me what this powerwire thing is? I hear everybody talking about it on here but i dont know what it is and i dont know where to find it. Please help me out. L8R

Old 04-13-2007, 03:53 PM
bchap05
Professional

you can find it at airram.com. I have the powerwire and for $40 you can't beat it. I took mine off the other day because I had to take the truck to service and noticed a fairly decent power loss, and then gain when I put it back on. I personally don't have a problem with the v6 like most here seem to. I sale cars at a dealership and we got in a 5.9 ram and I didn't think it was all the much better than my truck. It was quicker, especially from a rolling start but off the line it wasn't much quicker. I've also taken my truck up to my parents cabin which is about an hour and a half drive uphill the whole way, with a very large and long hill that I believe is a 7% or so grade. I was able to hold 65-70 up the steepest part of the hill and pass people in areas where I could.

Old 04-13-2007, 05:04 PM
whatsupitsslick

Hey i preciat that. Im just so used to driven older Fords with 5.0s and 5.8s and my fav. the 7.3 desiel so when i pretty much had to get this one it sucked because it had so much less power then what im used to.

Old 04-13-2007, 09:53 PM
HighDuke1911
Champion

well, i had the powerwire and accidentaly left it in my old v6 that i trraded in!! grrrrr! but i liked it. i mean, its not a HUGE diff, but its a diff. 40$ is a great deal. see, if i still ahd mine, it'd be in my HEMI right now!

oh, dont get me wrong, i like the v6's but aftert the HEMI, i can t go back! lol.

on the Daytona, keep the suspension stock. its a daytona for cryin out loud! lol. its a sick lookin rig. only do performance adds to it, nothing else. it wont look sick on a lift in my opinion.

Old 04-16-2007, 07:58 PM
whatsupitsslick

You got that right bout the lift not looking right on the Daytona. For a Dodge its a pretty mean looker right there. Im deffanetly going to get one of them powerwires and a few other things if i dont trade it in for the Daytona.

Old 04-16-2007, 09:50 PM
HighDuke1911
Champion

yeah, i made a huge mistake by forgetting to take it out of my v6 and sticking it in my new HEMI. either i woulda had it in the HEMI now or sold it to some on here for $20.

Old 05-30-2007, 03:48 AM
americanpye1392

thats what im goning to end up doing why switch i have this paid off like it to much i guess

Old 05-30-2007, 06:25 PM
eltupac
All Star

ORIGINAL: whatsupitsslick

I just got a 2002 Dodge Ram 2x4 with the 3.7L in it. I know big mistake (its what i could get at the time).
Anyway im about to put a low temp thermostat, cold air intake, cat back performance exhaust with resonator tips,
throttle body spacer, stage 2 jet chip, 6 in lift, and 37s on this lil standard cab short bed. I was wondering what
else i could do to this thing to get more power out of it and was wondering what yall thought of
the mods and if yall heard of good and bad things bout this stuff. I am also looking fo a supercharger, turbo, or a blower.
If yall have any info then please let me know. And i would also like to know what this powerwire thing is. L8R
What gear size do you have? 3.21, 3.55, 3.73, 3.92?
I can tell you the body spacer, from what I read, its a waste.
The lift and 37's on a V6, its a waste too. You'll be the last one of the line on a green light, and worst if you have the 3.21. Keep it as stock as you can, I mean 20" rims with stock tires is ok. I have it, dropped my MPG to 15, but I can feel the lack of power at get-go so I can imagine 37's with a lift you are looking at 12 MPG.
SUPACHARGER, TURBO, you have 2 to 5 large to blow? If you have that kinda of flow, you should have gotten a HEMI . . . paid off.

Quick Reply: New Mods On My Mistake