3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Bed Liner VS Rino or similar Spray On??

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 11:10 PM
dduflo
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bed Liner VS Rino or similar Spray On??

Just purchased an '04 2500 quad cab long box diesel in very good condition. Wondering about a bed liner or a spray on like Rino to preserve the bed. Do not intend to put a cap on but may consider a tonnau cover or something similar. Looking for ideas. 1st pickup I ever owned. Open to suggestions. Thanks

Old 04-12-2007, 11:19 PM
Pappy_FB
Record Breaker
Default RE: Bed Liner VS Rino or similar Spray On??

I have a Line-X spray in bed liner and I like it alot.

Don't really know if it will work with a tonnau cover though.

Old 04-12-2007, 11:21 PM
bltp203
Rookie

I am in the same boat you are.......I thought I was sold on LineX, but now I am looking into Speedliner......haven't quite made up my mind yet.

Old 04-12-2007, 11:24 PM
djr04
All Star

Line-x or similar spray in should work with tonneaus. Line-x claims to work for sure (and some member have both on their truck). The majority of people on these forums seem to favor line-x, with it's national lifetime warranty, and that's what I plan on getting in my truck.

Old 04-12-2007, 11:30 PM
Pappy_FB
Record Breaker

On a side note (not trying to sway you here) I had left a bottle jack in the back of my truck and it leaked Hydraulic fluid on my Liner.

Was prolly 3 days before I noticed it, (cuz I'm short and can't see into the back of my truck LoL) took some dish soap to it and Wa La not even a trace it ever happned.

Old 04-13-2007, 12:55 AM
dodge prof

I had an 04 Ram 1500 Quad cab with a Line-X bedliner. I loved it. When the truck was totalled, the bedliner still STUCK to the bed of the truck ... even when I tried to hammer the bed back into position. It is incredible stuff! Highly recommended!

Old 04-13-2007, 01:08 AM
HuntinHanson
Champion

I plan on putting speed liner in my truck with the kevlar additive. I've read alot of reviews from speedliner, rhino lining and line x and speed liner seems to be the most preferred.

Old 04-13-2007, 01:15 AM
Pappy_FB
Record Breaker

Hey HansonHVAC,

I don't know if you want to try this but when they sprayed in my bed liner they put a raised Line-X emblem under the coating. My first thoughts were "Man if I would have known that I'd had em put a Harley emblem under it on the other side!"

My point is you could put what ever you wanted under yours because you are doing it.

Would be cool.

Post some pics after you get it done.

Old 04-13-2007, 03:21 AM
FFMedic1479
All Star

Speedliner... no doubt... 3 trucks with it... best stuff.

Old 04-13-2007, 03:37 AM
somebodyinok
Professional

You also ask about a bed liner, by this I am assuming that you mean one of the plastic slide in ones. I have one (came w/ the truck when I bought it) and it is horrible things just slide around everywhere, I have also heard that it will rub the paint off and cause it to rust when water gets under it (which totally makes sense). It will prolly stay that way until I get rid of the truck. In my opinion if I was paying 25k on a truck I would have a spray in put in. But in my case I pain 9k and it really isn't worth it to me to pay 400 bucks to get it sprayed not to mention I am not planning on keeping it long. ( I graduate in December) I had a civic before that had 200k on it and the tranny was starting to whinea little bit so I traded it in on the truck. Bottom line I would not recommend a slide in plastic liner.

Quick Reply: Bed Liner VS Rino or similar Spray On??