3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

HVAC Conrol Calibration

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2007, 05:45 AM
GFB
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HVAC Conrol Calibration

2003 Ram won't change from vents to floor/defrost. I pulled the dash and HVAC unit and it seems that the vent actuator opens/closes the vent door to send airflow to the foot/face door. I tested all the actuators and they are moving the doors just fine. The factory service manual mentions performing HVAC control calibration but does not say how exactly to do it. Anybody done this before?

Old 04-14-2007, 08:10 AM
OPEC Supporter
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HVAC Conrol Calibration

hi, I just had my 2003 2500 QC in for the same problem. From what they told me, The vent door got jammed and cracked the arm as well as the housing. The also told me with it Jammed it sent a negative resitance to the control panel and they had to replace that as well. Thankfully I had the extended warranty, It was $1,300.00 total and 9 hours of labor. Sounds like you might just have a bad control panel, if everything else looks intact. I don't think the control panel cost much, don't have the receipt in front of me. Good luck.

Quick Reply: HVAC Conrol Calibration