3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

2004 Transmission Question

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2004, 01:36 AM
Rumy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 Transmission Question

Just bought a 2004 Hemi Sport. Love the truck. Here is the problem I'm having, while accelarating gradually, sometimes when the truck is about to shift into over drive, it's a bit rough and kind of "bucks" slightly. My dad was telling me that is normal for a 4 wheel drive truck. I'm not sure about that. The shifting is pretty smooth for the most part. No problems going into Drive/Park etc. I've also noticed that while at speeds of 50mph or so, the engine lugs a bit. I sometimes have to push the pedal down fairly far to kick the RPMs up and shift gears. I'm going to try and drive another one to see if it's normal or not. If anyone could give their opinion on this from the littel bit of info I've given that would be great. I've also read about people replacing their Tq convertors. Could this be a solution? Thanks for any help.

Quick Reply: 2004 Transmission Question