3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.
Old 08-05-2015, 09:54 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Air Intake and Exhaust Guides
Print Wikipost

Volant Cold Air Intake vs other CAI's?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 11:33 PM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Volant Cold Air Intake vs other CAI's?

ORIGINAL: ThaChad

ORIGINAL: 94rt10ohio

To answer the exhaust question above, my recommendation is if you want loud, but something that is not to annoying at highway speeds and idle get the 50 series flowmaster kit. I think they call it American Thunder, working off memory here. You can get it from our sponsor www.jegs.com. I have it on my Hemi, comes with options for dual exit behind the rear tires or dual exit out the back.
My only issue with the Flowmaster Cat-Back system is that it's made from Mandrel Bent Aluminized Steel, Our stock exhaust is Mandrel bent Stainless Steel. So why would I down grade to Aluminized steel?

That's Why I'm thinking, I'm better off to just buy the muffler, and have a shop weld it onto my stainless tubing. The only problem there is that From the muffler back, it'll be compression bent Aluminized Steel, as no shop within 100 miles of here mandrel bends pipe, and none use stainless.

-TheChad
This is true, and also why is is lower priced over others. The downside to the muffer only is you still have to consider removing the resonator and adding pipe to the stock system to shoot out duals.

Old 05-05-2007, 12:23 AM
chizel
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Volant Cold Air Intake vs other CAI's?

this Volant cold air intake make sense to me, it gives me more hp than my intake before, i used to have this for almost 7 months and until now i never had a problem with the intake i've chosen..it performs well..love it.

Quick Reply: Volant Cold Air Intake vs other CAI's?