3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

tried a new wax today

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 11:14 PM
HuntinHanson
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: tried a new wax today

i was looking at that at the store the other day, thought about buying it but not sure why i didnt

Old 05-02-2007, 11:52 PM
Night_Runner
Champion

ive heard mixed reviews on liquid ice...its by turtle wax...ive heard more good than bad though

Old 05-03-2007, 02:37 AM
Ben D.
Champion

ORIGINAL: Night_Runner

if u guys are wanting a sealant get ZAINO!!!!! you can get it from www.zainostore.com

i know it will seem expensive, but it will last a long time and it will look great. the more coats you put on the better it looks....you can apply multiple layers of sealants and it builds up but it is clear giving the paint a deeper color....if you try to put a layer of wax on an already waxed car, it just doesnt multiply the layers like a sealant does

before u order a product from there, read the discription so u know exactly what you are buying and what other product works in conjunction best with it...i would suggest buying the ULTIMATE PROTECTION SHOW CAR KIT.....i have many friends that use zaino and it is an awesome product....i have helped apply it on other vehicles....personally, i havent purchased my own set, but plan on it this month...the ultimate protection show car kit is about $120....i know u think thats a lot, but if u use this per recommended amounts and do things right, it should last a while
Nightrunner, I have been really trying to educate myself in detailing procedures since I'm soon to be driving a new truck. Hopefully CTD but if money doesn't allow most likely a hemi sport 4x4 rcsb. From what I see the recommended with the klasse is to first wash of course and dry, then use the polish to remove swirl marks and such basically clean up the paint. then use the sealant and then to get the best shine apply a coat of caranuba wax on top of that. What product equivalents are those with Zaino?

Old 05-03-2007, 03:06 AM
Night_Runner
Champion

ORIGINAL: Ben D.

Nightrunner, I have been really trying to educate myself in detailing procedures since I'm soon to be driving a new truck. Hopefully CTD but if money doesn't allow most likely a hemi sport 4x4 rcsb. From what I see the recommended with the klasse is to first wash of course and dry, then use the polish to remove swirl marks and such basically clean up the paint. then use the sealant and then to get the best shine apply a coat of caranuba wax on top of that. What product equivalents are those with Zaino?

the ZAINO ULTIMATE PROTECTION SHOW CAR KIT which is what i would reccomend buying, which is $116.95, comes with anything and everything you would ever need....they have smaller kits and/or you can individually purchase products, although a lot of these are designed to work off of eachother....this post would be too long if i were to go into detail about every product in this kit...the items below are what come in the ultimate kit, you can click each product below and it will take you to that products discription along with the procedures to take in using that product...sealants last much longer than wax and multiple layers can be added...the more layers you add, the deeper and richer the paint will appear...

also, although these items are included in the ultimate kit, these are not the only products they manufacture....ex: if you have a satin finish or flat finish without clearcoat, they make special products for those applications

ZAINO ULTIMATE PROTECTION SHOW CAR KIT

[ol][*]ZFXâ„¢ Flash Cure Accelerator Additive[*]Z-2 PROâ„¢ Show Car Polish for Clear Coated Car Finishes[*]Z-5 PROâ„¢ Show Car Polish for Swirl Marks and Fine Scratches[*]Z-6â„¢ Ultra Clean Gloss Enhancer Spray[*]Z-7â„¢ Show Car Wash[*]Z-9â„¢ Leather Soft Spray Cleaner[*]Z-10â„¢ Leather in a Bottle[*]Z-16â„¢ Perfect Tire Gloss[*]Z-18â„¢ ClayBar[*]Zaino Metallic Silver Decal[*]& TWO Zaino Custom Polish Applicator for FREE!
And..
all orders over $25 (in product) will automatically receive a free Zaino Custom Polish Applicator! To qualify for the free Zaino Custom Polish Applicator, your subtotal before shipping must be greater than $25. This free Zaino Custom Polish Applicator will not appear in your basket, but we'll include it in your order when we ship it.

if you do not have leather, i would suggest purchasing the total protection show car kit and adding whatever other products you would like to your basket...this kit is $84.70

[/ol]ZAINO TOTAL PROTECTION SHOW CAR KIT [ol]

[/ol] [ol][*]ZFXâ„¢ Flash Cure Accelerator Additive[*]Z-2 PROâ„¢ Show Car Polish for Clear Coated Car Finishes[*]Z-5 PROâ„¢ Show Car Polish for Swirl Marks and Fine Scratches[*]Z-6â„¢ Ultra Clean Gloss Enhancer Spray[*]Z-7â„¢ Show Car Wash[*]Z-18â„¢ ClayBar[*]Zaino Metallic Silver Decal[*]& TWO Zaino Custom Polish Applicator for FREE!
All orders over $25 (in product) will automatically receive a free Zaino Custom Polish Applicator! To qualify for the free Zaino Custom Polish Applicator, your subtotal before shipping must be greater than $25. This free Zaino Custom Polish Applicator will not appear in your basket, but we'll include it in your order when we ship it.
[/ol]

Old 05-03-2007, 03:17 AM
Night_Runner
Champion

also, by looking at the pics, you may think this is not a lot of product for the money...if u follow the recommended amount on the site, this can last over a year depending on how **** you are and how many cars you own your driving conditions ect ect...also, if u use the recommended amount, it may seem like a lot now, but by the time you run out of product, you may have spent less than using waxes

Old 05-03-2007, 04:06 AM
Midnight Runner
Champion

I use Meguiars Goid Class Clear Coat Liquid car wax. I really like it alot.

Old 05-03-2007, 10:49 AM
stump_breaker
Captain

http://www.topoftheline.com/32ozheavcutp.html- for heavy scratches +
http://www.topoftheline.com/hitligcutswi.html- for light scratches, swirl removal and polishing and then
http://www.topoftheline.com/toltradcarwa.htmlfor a mirror finish.

Plus www.topoftheline.com has any professional product you could ever need and if you have any questions, email them and they answer fairly quickly. They also sell the Klasse that was mentioned earlier.

You MUST have a good dual action buffer for a professional shine. You can get a good shine from hand waxing/polishing but a buffer is the way to go.

Old 05-03-2007, 06:09 PM
tinyfxds
Veteran

I'm an avid fan of mequiares but I'm always open to suggestions and improvements

Old 05-03-2007, 07:12 PM
Ben D.
Champion

ORIGINAL: Night_Runner

also, by looking at the pics, you may think this is not a lot of product for the money...if u follow the recommended amount on the site, this can last over a year depending on how **** you are and how many cars you own your driving conditions ect ect...also, if u use the recommended amount, it may seem like a lot now, but by the time you run out of product, you may have spent less than using waxes
I'll put it this way, value and getting the stuff the cheapest is not on my mind at all. My theory is that if your gnna spend 30k or so if i get the hemi sport or 40k or so if it's a CTD then wtf is 116 dollars to take care of the paint????? I'd spend 500 dollars a year to take care of the paint on my truck and not even complain. Thanxs for the tips I just know I want this truck to last a long long long long time. I wanna be the old dude with the sick nasty classic truck that makes all the youngins jealous. Which is a long time since i'm only 18 now lol. and buy chance if you could possibly pm me if you've got time of course your procedure for detailing ur dak, looking at pics it looks like this zaino stuff does a real good job. It's much appreciated if you could do that.

Old 05-03-2007, 10:41 PM
HuntinHanson
Champion

ben you could look at the detailing section also if you want to be that thorough on your paint. Theres really good info in there too...

Quick Reply: tried a new wax today