3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

tried a new wax today

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2007, 04:26 PM
Ben D.
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: tried a new wax today

duso, I know you don't need to put the wax over ssealant but from reading many prefer the shine of the carnuba wax and the portection of sealand so they use the sealant then apply a coating of regualr like meguairs gold class on over top.

Old 05-05-2007, 02:33 AM
Night_Runner
Champion

BEN D.

my computer has been having major problems...i am on tonight for a short 5 minute period to check email and skim this......shoot me a pm....i wont have my computer back for about 3 weeks but as soon as i am back i would gladly speak with you more about zaino...sorry bro, dont want to start a convo then be gone for 3 weeks then try to catch up....like i said, pm me and i will get back to u as soon as i get my comp back

drew

Old 05-05-2007, 12:01 PM
Duso02
Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good point, there is nothing wrong with putting a wax on top of a sealent. I guess I just don't see the need. The way I look at is that the sealent lasts longer but does not give that perfect show car , deep gloss. Wax does, but doesn't last as long. Well, if you want the shine of wax, and are willing to re-wax every month as needed, why bother with the sealent? To me the sealent would be wasted under the wax. Is there a benefit of it? I read the websites and they onlymention getting the wax shine. That's just the way I look at it and I apologize if anyone thought I meant it was harmful to use both. If you do use a wax, I have been told by a local detailer that Pinnacle Souvran works great on a black paint.

On a seperate note, I do worry about using different products from different makers. Each is made differently, with different chemical bases. I understand each is safe for paint, but do they work properly together? Is it advisable to mix and match? This is one reason why I like a "system" like Zaino's, or Meguiar's, or Klasse.

Old 05-05-2007, 11:01 PM
tinyfxds
Veteran

Can anyone tell me where to get a nice size clay bar that'll last more than one or two times

Old 05-05-2007, 11:41 PM
HuntinHanson
Champion

i just saw a pretty nice one at advance auto parts yesterday that says its good up to 35 uses. I'd just go to any auto store that sells a fair amount of detiailing products and ask someone working there. Maybe they can recommend something pretty good.

Old 05-05-2007, 11:42 PM
Ben D.
Champion

You make a good point about different makers, I didn't take it as you were saying it was harmful, I was just saying why I had heard of putting wax on top of the sealant. From what I read sealant looks like a sheet of ice on the paint while wax seems to blend in more, somehting like that. I didn't feel like you were being mean or nutting it's all good man. Yea u never know use two diff brands they react and like ruin ur paint or something. That's highly unlikely but u never know seeing as many things are menat to work with each ohter not with other brands of stuff.

Quick Reply: tried a new wax today