3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Which octane?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2007, 12:33 PM
Silver Eagle
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Which octane?

I use 87 99 % of the time.The Hemi loves it . I only use 89 when I'm towing my boat. And then I only put in what it will hold, o it's really not all 89. The truck has no problems As for the dealer saying that you broke the warrenty for using 87, The only way they would know that is if you tell them that. There is no equiptmentat Chrysler has that can tell the Ocane in your tank. If they say they can tell ,there lying I worked inthe Octane testing business for eleven years before retiring and I've seen a lot of new stuff for testing octine and none of it works. Thae is only one way and that is the ASTM Method.

Old 05-06-2007, 04:02 PM
KRZY.BMET
Peaceful Browser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Which octane?

I recently got the SP tuner and had it set toeconomy (87) tuning. Ran 2 tanks and I am getting around 12 mpg. Going to switch to premium today and change the tuning and see what happens. From what I am reading though it looks like the performance setting is going to to better for me.

Quick Reply: Which octane?