3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Laramie infiniti speakers just decide to stop

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2007, 12:52 AM
studdish
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Laramie infiniti speakers just decide to stop

I have a 2004 ram 1500 laramie i have a aftermarket sub and amp with stock deck. I also have the stock infiniti audio speakers i have factory bumper 2 bumper warranty for 1 more month and need to find out why my infiniti speakers just randomly stop working and then at times it just come back on. I hope some one had this problem before and know what is going on so i can get it fixed. i disconnected all the aftermarket sub wires off the stock wiring harness and the infinit's still stopped working not as much but still did. It goes out then just comes back one sometimes when it wants , not when i hit a bump or nothing just whenever. It can sit all day and i get in it tuen radio on cant hear nothing. but even when the sub was hooked up the sub stayed bumping to the music i have no idea i think it is the factory infinity amp behind glove box but i would want to be for certain so looking for any opinions and or personal experiences of any such problem. Thanks Cody

Old 05-05-2007, 01:45 AM
HuntinHanson
Champion
Default RE: Laramie infiniti speakers just decide to stop

sounds like a short, did you splice into any wires when hooking up your aftermarket components?

Old 05-05-2007, 03:48 AM
jobookennedy

maybe i miss understood but why do you have your sub wires connected anywhere to your factory harness? where are you hooking up your rca's that go to the amp? since you said you have the stock radio,the only one you should maybe have to the factory harness is the remote to turn amp on, all your other wires should be run totally separate. a little more detailed info on how your running everything ( amp, rca's, ground, remote wire, power wire) will help.

Old 05-05-2007, 09:42 PM
studdish

well if you use a stock deck with aftermarket stuff they put in a little black box that has rca's in it but it gets 4 wires wired in to the faactory harness with a remote turn on wire also, so the sub will beat with the radio. it is wired in to the speaker wires on the stock harness. But i disconnected all the wires that are tapped into the stock harness so thinking the sub would havebeen causing this but then it happened a few more time not as much but they just stop working still. but i never took the remote wire off cause that is tapped into the factory harnes also and ran straight to amp but i dont think that would cause any thing? i confused with all this i just bought the truck but then get this it has the 6 disc in dash changer and it was not working for cd's but i test frove the truck to have my dad look at it which was like 45 minutes one way and down a 12 mile dirt road one way and the radio stayed working the whole time with the sub. but i then bought it and got the cd deck changed so i could have the 6 disc action and now it seems to be having this problem weather it up loud or way low??????? any ideas..... I going to change my deck i have a diff stock deck from my srt 4 i will try that and let ya know what happens maybe the deck is tripping some ****..

Quick Reply: Laramie infiniti speakers just decide to stop