3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Hemi Redline???

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2007, 04:37 PM
KRZY.BMET
Peaceful Browser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hemi Redline???

What is the redline on the Hemi? Mine is shifting at 5600 and not sure if it set at factory or if the SP Tuner (lowest setting on the tuner BTW) put it there. I am going to change my tune to performance today(now running 87 tune) and would like to know where I should put my shift point at or keep it at the 5600. What are you all running and what would you recommend?

Thanks ahead of time.

Old 05-06-2007, 05:25 PM
Pappy_FB
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hemi Redline???

I have my SC 3815 set to:
91 Performance Tune
Speed Limiter 140 MPH
Rev Limiter 6100 RPM
Shift 1-2 = 6000 RPM
Shift 2-3 = 5950 RPM

Hope this helps

Old 05-07-2007, 10:32 AM
HankL
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

As expected for an engine that would have good high-rpm breathing, appropriate attention was paid to the valve train. Developed as a system package, the stock valvetrain is good to over 6200 rpm but that is as far as the factory has tested it. The key to the success of this hydraulic roller valvetrain is in the design of the valve spring and rocker assembly. Firstly, the valve spring is of the beehive type. This is a much more effective spring than a regular parallel-wound spring. This means it can be far lighter for a given rpm requirement. This results in less lifter collapse and the subsequent loss of valve lift that it causes. The valves are operated through a very compact design of investment cast steel rocker. Using finite element analysis at the design stage, the rocker looks to be just about devoid of any excess material that might be along for a free ride. This has produced an incredibly light part that has about half the inertial mass of a typical aluminum rocker. The form, and more importantly, the size of the rocker was optimized for a valve lift in the 500 thousandths range. As such, this compact design is not so good for ultra high-valve lifts. Chrysler's engineers estimate about 580 thousandths is probably as much as it can accommodate. Fortunately, this is not a big issue for a Hemi-style head because the valves reach higher flow values sooner within the lift envelope than do parallel-valve heads.
end quote

http://www.popularhotrodding.com/tec...engine_review/

Old 05-07-2007, 09:09 PM
kenihemi
All Star

My dyno charts say that you hit max HP at around 56 or 5700rpm. And that was stock. With the turbo it was about the same.

Why would you want to push it any higher?

Unless its the kewl factor.

Old 05-07-2007, 10:44 PM
KRZY.BMET
Peaceful Browser

Thanks for the input. The bad news is that when I adjusted the shift points to 5800, my check engine light came on after a WOT run and then lost 1st, 2nd, and 4th gears. I drove 13 miles in 3rd gear, reset the CPU and put everything back to 5600. I am going to keep it here. I do not plan on running at the track or even putting on any kind of turbo so this will work for me.

Quick Reply: Hemi Redline???