3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Hemi stalling

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2007, 02:37 AM
ram2005hemi
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hemi stalling

I read the other posts. I am not sure if it is the same or not. 3 times lately my engine has died as I pull into my driveway. I noticed on one occasion that the tach was kinda weird on my way home fluctuating from 1000 rpm to under 500 rpm while my foot was off the accelerator (coasting). It started back up right away all 3 times. I will call the dealer on Monday to see if this has anything to do with the TSB that others have referred to.[/align]

Old 05-26-2007, 07:04 PM
CubanHemi
Amateur
Default RE: Hemi stalling

Dude,my 2004just did the same thing thing to me yesterday, except it didn't actaully stall. It happened to me while I was coming to a complete stop on three differemt occasions. When I came a stop I felt a weird vibration, and I look down and the tach was at or below 500 RPM. As soon I felt this I gave it a bit of gas and it went away. I tried to duplicate the problem right after by coming to another complete stop and it didn't do it. This happened a total of three times. Any help would be great. Curious, how many miles do you have on it?

Old 06-01-2007, 06:37 AM
CubanHemi
Amateur

Any updates?

Old 06-01-2007, 10:56 AM
KRZY.BMET
Peaceful Browser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had the same thing happening to my truck, but I had an added problem. My truck would lock up the transmission and throw a code. I used my tuner to delete the code but after the 3rd time I decided to take it to the dealer. I was having troubles with the tarnsmission solenoid. It was not letting the truck to shift between gears. When it stalled though it happened from a stop and when I went to accelerate slowly to move a short distance and the truck was in a higher gear it stalled. It did not throw a code though when it stalled, only when it locked into 3rd gear while I was driving. Since I got the solenoid replaced, no more problems.

Also just to let you know, once I cleared the codes the previous times, I had to drive roughly 200-300 miles before it would happen again.

Old 06-01-2007, 05:48 PM
CubanHemi
Amateur

Thanks for the info. I will have to make a trip to my Dodge dealer and have them check it out.

Quick Reply: Hemi stalling