3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Flowmaster Question: Heading to Midas tomorrow...

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2007, 04:07 PM
jakeinfla74
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flowmaster Question: Heading to Midas tomorrow...

So I'm taking a day off tomorrow for a doctor's appointment and thought I'd swing by the local Midas and have a Flowmaster and pipes thrown on the beast. One question though, In all the searching and research I've done on which muffler to add, I continue to hear that the "50" is the best overall Flowmaster for a deep, mellow rumble, and a smooth flowing growl that doesn't remove the fillings from my teeth, but I'm not sure which "50" to go with.

50 Series HD?
50 Series Delta Flow?
50 Series SUV?

Is the Delta Flow the one everyone is using? Heading over tomorrow. Anyone have a preference?

Old 05-21-2007, 04:36 PM
HuntinHanson
Champion
Default RE: Flowmaster Question: Heading to Midas tomorrow...

i've only heard sound clips never the actual muffler but i liked the HD but i would check prices first if you havent already, around here midas is HORRIBLY overpriced, they quoted be $700 for the same work i had doen for 300 at a smaller local shop

Old 05-21-2007, 04:49 PM
berg501

I'm using the Flowmaster 50series Delta Flow model with a single 3" outlet ending with a polished 4" stainless steel tip. Looks great and sounds awesome. Sounds healthy when you put your foot into it and is quiet enough inside the cabin to carry on a normal conversation.

You will love it.

Old 05-21-2007, 05:26 PM
jakeinfla74
Rookie

Thanks guys. Is there any benefit \ negative consequence of going with the twin pipes at a downward angle out of the single muffler, as I've seen on many trucks here in South Florida? I kinda like the look of the dual angled pipes, but does it have a negative effect on performance in any way? ( I wouldn't think it would though)

Old 05-21-2007, 06:02 PM
Sir Hardin Thicke
Record Breaker

if you're going to tow something like a boat or camper, go with the angled tips. i'm changing my split rear to an extreme split rear (angled behind the wheels) because of the towing issue.

Old 05-21-2007, 06:19 PM
jakeinfla74
Rookie

Thanks! Good point. I do plan on picking up a bike and a sea doo within the next year or so and trailer them around. I'll opt for the angles pipes then.

Thanks a bunch! I'll take some pics of the new tints and exhaust and post em up a.s.a.p.

~ J.

Old 05-21-2007, 06:51 PM
Sir Hardin Thicke
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: jakeinfla74

Thanks! Good point. I do plan on picking up a bike and a sea doo within the next year or so and trailer them around. I'll opt for the angles pipes then.

Thanks a bunch! I'll take some pics of the new tints and exhaust and post em up a.s.a.p.

~ J.
Nice Rottie. Male?
My 8 year old female.

[IMG]local://upfiles/63182/484A6B8CECBD488AB8C209B4F5743D9C.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-21-2007, 09:22 PM
jakeinfla74
Rookie

Thanks and yes! He's a 1.5 to 2.5 year old male rottie I rescued with the Gulfstream Rottweiler Rescue Organization after having to put my baby of 12 years, Raven, to sleep December 7th due to Cancer.

Bubba is a ball of energy, and still has the puppy mentality but is coming along nicely.

Rottweiler = Best dog in the world!!!

Your female is beautiful and I assume great with the little one to boot! Our dogs get a bad rap in my opinion.

Great photo!

~ J.

Old 05-21-2007, 11:29 PM
Sir Hardin Thicke
Record Breaker

Thanks and yes! He's a 1.5 to 2.5 year old male rottie I rescued with the Gulfstream Rottweiler Rescue Organization after having to put my baby of 12 years, Raven, to sleep December 7th due to Cancer.

Bubba is a ball of energy, and still has the puppy mentality but is coming along nicely.

Rottweiler = Best dog in the world!!!

Your female is beautiful and I assume great with the little one to boot! Our dogs get a bad rap in my opinion.

Great photo!

~ J.
Absolutely unwarranted. My homowners' insurance wouldn't give me coverage because a Rottie is on of the dogs on PA's Dog Bite Liability list. I had to lie to another insurer just to get a policy.
She's great with the kids and is our emergency babysitter if I have to run into the house and they are playing out back.

Old 05-22-2007, 12:41 AM
Denniss66
Veteran

Thanks guys. Is there any benefit \ negative consequence of going with the twin pipes at a downward angle out of the single muffler, as I've seen on many trucks here in South Florida? I kinda like the look of the dual angled pipes, but does it have a negative effect on performance in any way? ( I wouldn't think it would though)

well the way mine are i hate them there i have been to the muffler shop 4 times to have it welded back up on the left side because when i go through mud it always clumps up on the tail pipes so when i scrape up enough money to get them straight out the back i will. it wouldn't be too bad if it were closer to the mud flap but that just my opinion. i also have a hole in my 50 series but i dont know which muffler is on it because it was on there when i bought it so i might just take out the muffler and put in a y pipe.

Quick Reply: Flowmaster Question: Heading to Midas tomorrow...