3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Line X

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 01:00 PM
Duso02
Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Line X

I don't know guys. I researched the crap out of this all over the weband the consensus was that line-x was by far and away the best. It also has a nationwide lifetime warranty, not just to the local dealer.Over on another forum a member who is a dealer for all brands admits line-x is best but says they will all fade and that line-x now offers a UV inhibitor to prevent it.I was going to gowith Rhino but now I'm going to go Line-x with a large ram logo in a different color on the bed floor.[8D]

Old 05-31-2007, 02:33 PM
BillSchmill
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For the guys worried about fading, http://www.foreverblack.com/. I use this stuff on the plastic fenders of my Jeep primarily. Works great. I don't see why it couldn't work for spray-ins as well.[/align][/align]For the guys who are looking for an alternative to drop-in or spray-in bedliners. http://www.bedrug.com/I put one of these in my truck based on a recommendation from a friend and couldn't be happier. These things are tough, easy on the knees, and they look great. You'll be surprised by how well this product works. Also, I found one online for about $300[/align]

Old 05-31-2007, 04:52 PM
djr04
All Star

This is really the first time I have heard anything negative about line-x. Plus if you did manage to get a cut or gouge in it you can get it repaired nationwide for free. No matter what liner you choose, be sure to check out the work of the installer first; the quality of the installer's work is just as important as the product itself.

Old 05-31-2007, 11:49 PM
damquick1
Veteran

I had a ford with Rhino, my buddy's Dodge has LineX, honestly neither of us arethrilled with either, both have their drawbacks but are better than a drop in bed slider. I saw a shop selling something like Gatorskin or something Gatorxxx?...looked just like Speedliner. I like the fact that the spray in's are durable but my old assed body can't take the roughness like it used to. I have a trailer for haulin wood & stuff so I'm going for the comfort of the Bedrug, besides it has a lifetime warranty as well.

Old 06-04-2007, 08:47 PM
damquick1
Veteran

Well the BedRug is in and I must say "pretty friggin nice!" Only took me about 25 mins to do the whole thing, worst part was removing the cargo hooks in the bed, Dodge must have torqued them to 80 lbs! I think this thing is simply awesome, and looks fantastic to boot...all for $309 shipped to my door.

Old 06-04-2007, 09:15 PM
Pirata
Champion
Location: 2nd star to the right, then straight on until morning
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Previously I've used plain old Armor All on bed liners but it was a bit harder to apply. I only applied it on the sides the go over the top of my bed so that is blends in better with the rest of the truck. Personally I think anyone who's worried about their spray in bed liner's looks (like as in the whole thing) needs to reevaluate the whole purpose of a spray in bed liner.

Old 06-04-2007, 09:33 PM
NJMandCEM
Professional

I have the Line-X in my old dakota... Thought it was great when i first got the truck... But I let it sit in the sun with a steel rack leaning on the wheel well... and it sank into the liner... Very dissapointed in that...[sm=badidea.gif]

Old 06-05-2007, 02:35 AM
FFMedic1479
All Star

I like it to look nice, but I do have the cover so it won't make too much of a differance... I just don't want it to rip up all the time. Are you still able to put rail caps on if you have the over the rail spray done? I have only gone under, and I would like to go over the top to keep the paint from getting rubbed off by the caps... I want to buy some of those smooth stainless/ chrome caps.

Old 06-05-2007, 08:24 AM
Pirata
Champion
Location: 2nd star to the right, then straight on until morning
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That would depend on the rail caps but most likely no, they would not fit. Most rail caps are designed to fit the bed perfectly but after the spray in bed liner over the rails is added it makes the top of the rail about 1/4" wider and about 1/8" higher than the original metal sides of the bed.

Old 06-05-2007, 04:16 PM
FFMedic1479
All Star

Thats kinda what I thought... too bad though.

Quick Reply: Line X