3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

How to ....

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2007 | 02:50 AM
ray97
|
Veteran
Default How to ....

I wanted to know how to take off the Hemi badges on the front left and right side of the truck. One is broken and figured I would finish taking it off.What to use to get off all the stuff under the plastic. Also how much of a difference do you think the paint will look in that spot?????

Old 05-31-2007 | 03:05 AM
HuntinHanson
Champion
Default RE: How to ....

theres a couple threads on this... seems the general concensus on it is take some fishing like and run it behind the badge to take it off. Peel off the residue with a credit card, use some goo gone for the rest and then polish up the spot.

Old 05-31-2007 | 12:50 PM
Duso02
Captain

What he said. I, as well as a few others, have removed all the badging off the truck. Use the fishing line then try to just rub it off with your fngers but by all means do not use anything that could damage the paint. Auto-parts stores carry 3M brand adhesive remover that is auto paint safe as well as a eraser wheel that attatches to a drill and will remove all that black glue, no scraping.[8D]After it is cleaned up, use your favorite polish and wax and let the sun do the rest. It'll fade in to the rest. Seriously, consider removing all of them, it does look better.

Old 05-31-2007 | 01:07 PM
tnt1036
Professional

Use fishing line and wear gloves. It can cut into you hands before you know it.

Old 05-31-2007 | 01:34 PM
Hessmonster
Rookie

Do it just like they say. Heres mine debadged.

Old 05-31-2007 | 01:44 PM
darkrt
Professional

Another way is to purchase an eraser wheel. Fit it to your power drill. Take a screw driver and pop off the plastic. Use the wheel on the black goo,takes about 60 seconds. Use some WD-40 on any left over residue. Quick and painless and wont hurt the paint.

Old 05-31-2007 | 04:42 PM
Duso02
Captain

ORIGINAL: darkrt

Another way is to purchase an eraser wheel. Fit it to your power drill. Take a screw driver and pop off the plastic. Use the wheel on the black goo,takes about 60 seconds. Use some WD-40 on any left over residue. Quick and painless and wont hurt the paint.
I just would'ntsuggest a metal screwdriver, yea, you didn't scratch the paint but that doesn't mean everyone is as careful. I don't fish, so I wasn't going to buy a roll of line just for this. I used a plastic applicator for Bondo, flexible enough, stiff enough, but didn't scratch the paint when I slipped, which I did. If you use the line ensure it's 15lb and wrap it around some scrap wood or a wooden spoon or anything lying around.

Quick Reply: How to ....