3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Will my dealer do it.....

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 04:22 AM
michaelahess
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will my dealer do it.....

My truck ('06 Mega w/Hemi) is going into the shop next Tuesday to get a rear window replaced under warranty and I was hoping they will update the computer code and enable the retained power feature. Will they do the software work under warranty or will I need to come up with an "excuse" to have them "fix" it? This isn't a particularly honest dealer so I'm a little worried they will try to charge for something like this.

Old 05-31-2007, 04:36 AM
sharpshooter
Veteran
Default RE: Will my dealer do it.....

By your comment you say the dealer isnt particularly honest, you mean there is honest dealers out there.....

Old 05-31-2007, 05:07 AM
michaelahess
Professional

Actually yes, two in my neighboring town, but they don't sell Dodge

Old 05-31-2007, 06:50 AM
djr04
All Star

You could always try saying that you can't get the unlock all doors at once to work by the manual's description. They would just hook up the star scan to change it for you, and the power accessory delay is in the same group of options

Old 05-31-2007, 09:33 AM
OldMoparMan
Veteran

ORIGINAL: sharpshooter

By your comment you say the dealer isnt particularly honest, you mean there is honest dealers out there.....
Yes. They sold cars to the Easter Bunny, Santa Claus and to 10 honest Criminal DefenseAttorneys.[:'(]

Honestly, I don't have a bad thing to say about my dealer. I've bought 6 vehicles from them and they take care of me, BEYOND what I expect from a dealership. I agree, it's rare though.....

Old 06-05-2007, 09:33 PM
michaelahess
Professional

Took the truck in today, said it would be done by noon. Didn't get it back until almost 4:30 and they didn't even wash it! When I dropped it off and asked them about the retained power, other than blank stares of incomprehension, all I got was an "uh, I'll make a note of it" and needless to say they didn't do it. Fremont Motor Company SUCKS!!!! I'll stop at another Dodge dealer later this week as I traverse the state and see if they will do it, or even know what it is.

Old 06-05-2007, 10:14 PM
damquick1
Veteran

they should do it for free, I took mine in and asked the service writer to have a guy hook it up to StarScan and do it for me...took him like 15 minutes...no charge from most dealers for this, they can do alot on the starscanner.

Old 06-05-2007, 10:17 PM
FFMedic1479
All Star

Uhhh... I feel dumb. What does this retained power feature do?

Old 06-05-2007, 10:30 PM
damquick1
Veteran

It's an accessory power delay....meaning that when you turn off your truck the power will stay on up to 30 mins unless you open a door. You can have them set the timeline, mine is set at 20 minutes.

Old 06-05-2007, 10:36 PM
FFMedic1479
All Star

Oh ok... like most of the european vehicles... my fiance's pos jetta (I really hate jetta's now... my mom, my aunt, my fiance and about 5 of my friends own them, and I am always trying to fix them... which is not so easy... they just fall apart, fine german engineering) does that. I wouldn't mind that as a feature... I had no idea that they could control that.

Quick Reply: Will my dealer do it.....