3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Cracked Dashboards

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 04:30 PM
RAMbunkshus
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cracked Dashboards

I recall seeing several threads regarding cracked dashboard panels. I'm looking to replace my '97 Ram with a newer model, but would like to avoid those models that had the dash problem. What years are most affected by the dash problem?

Old 05-31-2007, 05:54 PM
JimmyDiablo
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Cracked Dashboards

Sorry I can not help here, I have no idea. You could however prevent the problem with a dashmat and using a sun deflector when parked [sm=goodidea.gif]

Old 05-31-2007, 07:10 PM
KRZY.BMET
Peaceful Browser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Cracked Dashboards

All dashes will crack over time with the heat and the direct light it will receive.

Things you can do to avoid cracking and prolong your dash.
1) Use a sun visor when parked if there is no shade.
2)Make sure you use a protectant spray when cleaning. Just not a wet cloth.( Eq. Armour All)
3)Dash Mats - but alot of people just think these look tacky. So this is a personel thing
4) If you do not want to add anything to your dash and you don;t have shade to park in, park your trcuk so that the dash is not in direct light rays.
5) When cleaning your dash, do not use anything with a bleach or ammonia in it as it will dry out the plastic and make it crack quicker.

Quick Reply: Cracked Dashboards