3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Fold Down Rear Seat Mod

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2007, 06:25 PM
moodie
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fold Down Rear Seat Mod

I was reading on another forum that you can make the rear seat on a QC fold down Is this true? Has anyone done it? It says something about some clips that have to be rotated 180 degrees. When I got my QC that's the first thing I tried and was disappointed they would not fold down. Any extra room to store stuff would be great.

Old 06-01-2007, 06:31 PM
John M
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Fold Down Rear Seat Mod

Is there a particular reason that folding said seat up wouldn't accomplish what you're looking for?

Old 06-01-2007, 06:41 PM
moodie
Professional

The storage under the seat is good and I have the fold flat floor which is good also but if I can also fold the seat down and get behind there easily, why not. Just want to know if anyone here has done it and if it's worth it.

Old 06-01-2007, 08:19 PM
cr80renob
Captain

ORIGINAL: moodie

Any extra room to store stuff would be great.
A six and a half foot bed isn't enough storage?

Haha just kidding, just kidding!!! I am looking for all the storage I can get in my regular cab truck..... Looking for all of the tiny places to put any audio equiptment!

Old 06-01-2007, 10:29 PM
djr04
All Star

Supposedly all you have to do is remove the seats and you will find a clip (clips if you have a split rear seat I would imagine) pointed upward on the back wall. unscrew and remount the clip upside down so that the hook is facing down. Reinstall seats. Then if you lift up the bottom a bit and push down on the seat back it should fall forward. Haven't tried it myself, but I've heard of many people doing it; some people have stuck amps back there I guess. It also sounds like a good place for a tarp or emergency blanket.

Old 06-01-2007, 11:28 PM
HighDuke1911
Champion

i was wondering the same thing but keep on forgeting to ask. lol. i really want to fit an amp back there once i get money to get my amp and subs reinstalled. they are sitting in my room right now... but great question. ill look into the clip thing to see what the deal is.

Old 06-02-2007, 01:22 AM
FFMedic1479
All Star

HighDuke... why don't you do the install yourself... it really isn't that bad.

Old 06-02-2007, 01:55 PM
vwomein
Professional

I did this mod. It really doesn't give you any room, but you can put a blanket, or transport a picture or something. I figured, what the hell, it was a free & (fairly) easy mod. You need to completely remove the rear seats-very easy, just a few bolts. You'll see a braket mounted to the rear wall for each side. unbolt that bracket, and re-mount it upside down. Then re-install seats,with the backs in the folded down position.I had to get a hammer & very slightly bend those brackets to get the seat backs to slip back in.
total time was about 1.5 hours. It was last year sometime.

Old 06-02-2007, 05:10 PM
damquick1
Veteran

anyonehave a pic of this with the back seat folded down, this is very interesting.

Old 06-03-2007, 09:29 PM
HighDuke1911
Champion

ORIGINAL: vwomein

I did this mod. It really doesn't give you any room, but you can put a blanket, or transport a picture or something. I figured, what the hell, it was a free & (fairly) easy mod. You need to completely remove the rear seats-very easy, just a few bolts. You'll see a braket mounted to the rear wall for each side. unbolt that bracket, and re-mount it upside down. Then re-install seats,with the backs in the folded down position.I had to get a hammer & very slightly bend those brackets to get the seat backs to slip back in.
total time was about 1.5 hours. It was last year sometime.
thanks! ill try to get to that asap.

ORIGINAL: FFMedic1479

HighDuke... why don't you do the install yourself... it really isn't that bad.
i need to wire the truck. i KNOW i will fucc it up too. lol. i dont trust myself wiring things. not even the computer.

Quick Reply: Fold Down Rear Seat Mod