3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

03 Hemi

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 11:35 AM
03HEMI LB
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 03 Hemi

Hello, i just bought myself a 03 Hemi. I am now having some problems with it. The Tac only works when it wants to and the A/C doesnt work right. When you change the settings from just your head to feet and head or defrost nothing changes, the air still only comes out of the front vents. Does anyone have any ideas on what could be the problem or what plan of action i should first take.

Old 06-05-2007, 11:42 AM
oefootball_70
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: 03 Hemi

On mine it takes forever for it to change from head feet to anything, and the temp takes a long time also. I don't know what the deal is.

Old 06-05-2007, 02:30 PM
abarmby
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi 03HEMI LB
I think I have some bad news for you.
I believe there are some AC door actuators built inside the HVAC unit which move some door flaps which divert the air to where you set the heater control. Apparently, they are attached in some way to some plastic levers.
These levers are real weak and break offten. This means the actuators just turn and turn, but the door flaps don't move.
From what I've read on here and other forums, a tear down of your HVAC unit is called for and that entails, the complete removal of your dash board.[:@]
It's a very big and somewhat expensive job.
Do a search on here about AC controls and you might find something. I read that one guy did the job himself and I believe he upgraded these levers/actuators, so he won't have the problem in the future.
Sorry about the bad news bud.
Al.

Old 06-05-2007, 03:11 PM
HuntinHanson
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

your referring to the blend doors

Quick Reply: 03 Hemi