3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

New audio system??

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 09:50 PM
fannitti
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New audio system??

go alpine head unit and alpine type-s speakers and im telling u it will be amazing forget everything u herd

Old 06-14-2007, 11:55 PM
Dodgeboy328
Veteran

Don't get me wrong Crutchfield is great, but the "outfit my car" thing that they have is not always accurate. It said that 6X9's woulf not fit in my doors. The factory speakers for the doors are 6X9's!

Old 06-15-2007, 12:14 AM
Ben D.
Champion

some of the best head units are made by alpine, eclipse, kenwood, pioneer. really anything is good jsut stay away from the cheap garbage like sony, mtx, jensen. and just some of te garbage. JL makes great speakers, MB quart is good too but they jsut got sold off to a new company so who knows. ffmedic yea the w1's are great subs and thye are right the w3 likes a big enclosure. they need at least 2 cubic feet at least. that's what i have my w3 in and it slams. It's loud as hell in a wrangler where all the sound just goes out the top. if it was in a car or truck it'd be ridiculous.

Old 06-15-2007, 12:49 AM
Sir Hardin Thicke
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: Dodgeboy328

Don't get me wrong Crutchfield is great, but the "outfit my car" thing that they have is not always accurate. It said that 6X9's woulf not fit in my doors. The factory speakers for the doors are 6X9's!
Never bought speakers from them, so I can't comment on that. But I did use their so-called TV mount finder for my 40" LCD. The item they sent me wasn't even close to fitting. So I suppose they do make mistakes. I've only bought head units from them and they have always fit.

Quick Reply: New audio system??