3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Mods to do under warrenty...

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 03:12 AM
arkitekt187
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mods to do under warrenty...

Hey guys,
I have a 2006 4 door 2 wheel drive 4.7L Dodge Ram. I am looking to do mods on it to increase fuel milege; however, my truck is under warrenty so I cannot void it. What all mods can I do? One thing I was really looking at is cat back exhaust....is there anyway to do it without killing the warrenty? Thanks guys

Old 06-07-2007, 04:39 AM
MexiRam
Professional
Default RE: Mods to do under warrenty...

I dont think that by adding a cat back system you will void the warranty. If it does Im sure out of luck then cuz i added onet om mine.According to the system i bought it stated that it wont void warranty. At least you are looking into it, I just added mine just by taking the cat back systems manufacturers word for it.

Old 06-07-2007, 01:10 PM
arkitekt187

You would think the manufactorer would have done some kind of research to cover themselves legally if they did make such a claim.

What kind of kit did you have? Was it simply a bolt on kit? I think as long as you just unbolt the stock and bolt on aftermarket you're fine. It just turns bad when you start cutting/welding/messing with cats. Am I correct?

ORIGINAL: MexiRam

I dont think that by adding a cat back system you will void the warranty. If it does Im sure out of luck then cuz i added onet om mine.According to the system i bought it stated that it wont void warranty. At least you are looking into it, I just added mine just by taking the cat back systems manufacturers word for it.

Old 06-08-2007, 01:18 AM
sharpshooter
Veteran

depends on how nice your dealer is on what exactly you can get away with

Old 06-08-2007, 01:23 AM
KRZY.BMET
Peaceful Browser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

pretty much anything considered a bolt on will not void your warranty. CAI, Exhaust, all cosmetic mods, etc. Anything that effects the engine or the computer will. Heads, cams, leaving a performance program on your computer while putting your truck in for service. These are a couple of examples. Look at my sig, I am safe with my warranty.

Old 06-08-2007, 06:08 PM
jobookennedy

as long as you dont mess with your catallytic converter youll be ok since that is what controls the major part of your emmissions when you get it inspected. you could replace the whole thing and maybe be ok but if youre having second thoughts its better safe than sorry.

Old 06-09-2007, 02:01 AM
Remmy
Rookie

The way I understand it is if a mod causes an OEM part to fail, than you have no warranty on that OEM part only. If you put a CAI in and your door panel breaks, there not going to tell you to pound sand just because of the CAI. You will still have full warranty on the vehicle minus the damaged OEM part. Now if you puta CAI in and something goes wrong with the TBand they can prove the CAI is the cause of any damagethan you lose the warranty for that part only.

Old 06-09-2007, 11:21 PM
Duso02
Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What Remmy said. Magnussen-Moss Act of 1978 is the law covering your butt.

Old 06-10-2007, 03:31 AM
KRZY.BMET
Peaceful Browser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ditto on the Remmy comment

Quick Reply: Mods to do under warrenty...