3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Get Alot Of These I Bet....I Need Help and IDEAS!!!It means alot to mean. THanks

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 04:27 AM
kyle21604
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Get Alot Of These I Bet....I Need Help and IDEAS!!!It means alot to mean. THanks

First I wanna start by saying sorry cuz I'm sure yall get a ton of post just like these.......but if you could help me out I would be more then happy to include you name next to your idea on the part you suggested on my truck!

Alright, here we go....2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4Single Cab w/ the 17in stock wheels. Well I Have to convince my parents, both sets of grandparents into giving me one hell of a birthday present....they said whatever I wanna do within reason to the truck I could do it,,,,inside and out.....sooo PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE this is a once in a lifetime opp.

What I already have:
FlowMaster 50 Series Exhaust
K/N DropIn Air Filter (wasn't worth the money)
Chrome Side Steps
Bed Liner
PIAA 3500 Series (I think is the series # not lookin @ the box)

What I'm Wanting To DO......P.S. I dont have alot of experience with trucks my first car was a mitsu eclipse and it was tricked out from here to hell and back...but I could really use yalls expertise...Please)

WHAT I WANT TO DO

{EXTERIOR}
[ol][*]* Suspension Life (SkyJacker or a Cheaper brand that is still relaiable. The overall smoothness of the ride isnt too important to me)[*]2. *Wheel and Tie Combo Package....I had good luck with Mickey Thompsons on my Jeep. On and I want the rims to be black. I have a whie truck and black rims look clean on white.[*]I was looking to try to fit anywhere from a 34-38 in. tire on a smaller rim if possbile. You all are the experts so I trust yall. Thanks you again SOOOOOO Much for helping me.[*][*]3. * GOOOD Off-Road Breaks[*]4. * Front Brush Guard That Comes Up and Covers Lights and up to the top of the hood, It almost curves over the hood a little bit.[*][*]5. * ANY AND I MANY ANY PART THAT IS A MUST I:VE LEFT OUT PLUS INCLUDE!!!![/ol]
Interior Stuff

[ol][*]1. Best Reccommend Head Unit (CD Player) "I'm Particial to Pioneer"[*]2. Sub Woofers....AND how in the HELL to fit them in a Single cab 1500[*]3. Best Amp to match Subs and space.[*]4. Mod Chip?[/ol]
Other Stuff
[ol][*]1.New Interior Gauges[*]2. New Grill[*]3. Tail Light Covers and Light about bed of truck[*]4. Handheld CB.....Bought @ Truck Stop[/ol]

SORRY THIS HAS BEEN SOOO LONG<,,,,,,ANY Engine Upgrade Ideas would Be appreciated. I want to Make this RAM MEANNNNNNNNNN. For all that give ideas that I use I will place your names on a vinyl stick for making it possible! PLEASE HELP ME OUT WITH THIS. I dont no how long I can hold off the parents in trying to making me put this inheritance money in savings! Just a few ideas at a time would be helpful! THanks you so much. Kyle R. Knoxville,TN

Old 06-07-2007, 04:47 AM
austin
Veteran
Default RE: Get Alot Of These I Bet....I Need Help and IDEAS!!!It means alot to mean. THanks

well... i have have a single cab and i fit 2 12s behind each seat pretty easly. Ill take some pics when i can! you will have to custom make a box though.

Old 06-07-2007, 06:31 AM
djr04
All Star
Default RE: Get Alot Of These I Bet....I Need Help and IDEAS!!!It means alot to mean. THanks

I like the moto metal 951s in black for rims, they offer many sizes of the rim. Need to know what motor to give info on engine mods.

Old 06-07-2007, 11:20 AM
HuntinHanson
Champion

go with the lift kit! but you won't be able to drop down to a smaller rim. 17's are the smallest that will fit over the brake callipers

Old 06-07-2007, 11:58 AM
KRZY.BMET
Peaceful Browser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is alot of stuff that you want to do. All is very good, but I think the question is what is "within reason" to your parents". This is a big thing. Some of the stuff you have listed can be done for around $100 but some of the stuff will get kinds pricy. If price is not an option, then I would start with the lift adn wheels. These will be your most expensive upgrades. From there, you could probably get the rest yourself. If they do have a price limit, then come back, let us know and then we could be a little more helpful.

Old 06-07-2007, 12:41 PM
TReX5.7
Professional

I agree with L and R, I would start with the most expensive mods so the cheaper stuff is left over for you to handle.

Old 06-07-2007, 03:22 PM
07Ramjam
Rookie

I would either do the wheels and tires or the audio.If you drive alot like I do,a nice audio system is a great investment.Why not go in dash DVD??

As far as wheels and tires go ,in my mind there is nothing that you can do to a vehicle to give it the most noticeable results.Everyone loves a nice tire and wheel combo.

Old 06-07-2007, 04:00 PM
TheBlueBlur
Rookie

for the sub, i have one of these behind my passenger seat - http://www.cardomain.com/item/KIC06TS10L52
it fits very well and pounds like crazy. i removed the plastic tray, but you shouldnt have to if you dont want to. i know you can find it cheaper on etronics.com, but they do not have the picture. i mounted a cap just above the port and the amp on the back of the box. it sits nice and snug with just enough breathing room for the fins on the amp. there is very little restriction on the seat as well. the box is small enough and angled just right.

for the headunit i am an alpine fan, but whatever you choose i suggest re-grounding the unit as i had alot of alt whine before i did.

for a "chip" go with the superchips flashpak programmer. i have one and love it.

get rid of the drop in filter and get either an airrade or a trueflow setup. i personally know the trueflow is worth the money.

Welcome, and enjoy your new toy!!

Quick Reply: Get Alot Of These I Bet....I Need Help and IDEAS!!!It means alot to mean. THanks