3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Strange lock issue

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2007, 12:35 PM
tampakenny
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Strange lock issue

I have an '02 1500 QC with the 4.7. I just startedhaving a strange issue with the functioning of the rear door locks. I searched the forum and found some other lock related threads, but none seemed to really fit what I needed, so here I am. Just recently, both rear doors have stopped working with the lock/unlock button from both the front main (driver) side and front passenger side. The front doors both lock and unlock as they should when the switch is pressed, just the back does not. I felt the rear doors when I pushed the switch and it does not appear that the lock is even trying to go (i.e. not jamming). The windows still work fine on all 4 doors from both the main/driver switches and each individual switch. I do not have keyless entry. I looked for a blown fuse somewhere just in case, but I didn't see anything obvious. I thought it might have been something inside the door itself, but since ithappened to both rear doors at the same time, that seems like it'd be a big coincidence. I was going to pull the door panel to double-check, but thought I'd check here first to see if anybody knew of some other things to check (other connectors, etc.) first since I've always gotten excellent help in the past. Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Old 06-09-2007, 12:47 PM
djr04
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Strange lock issue

A lot of vehicles use the driver's panel as a central switch for all of the other doors. It is possible that something got loose in the driver's door, causing the other locks to not want to respond to the unlock command.

Quick Reply: Strange lock issue