3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

went in for the recall today...

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2007, 09:34 PM
djr04
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default went in for the recall today...

So I go in to get the front wheel bearing recall done today. I went to the local dealer where I used to work. They got one done, the other one needs a different hub with a speed sensor I guess, no big deal though I'll get it fixed next week. Found out however that I had a blown front shock. It must have been damaged when I was t-boned last september. Luckily I know everybody there and they are going to send it through warranty and not mention anything about previous damage. By the way I highly recommend everybody get this recall done ASAP. The tech showed me the case file on star online; some bearings were manufactured without enough grease in the bearings (possible cause for some of the front end vibrations reported). Anyways, if the bearing fails your wheel can fall off, and we all know how bad that would be at highway speeds (or even worse when topping out the speedo).

Summary: all the people who got the recall notice for their truck, get it in as soon as possible.

Quick Reply: went in for the recall today...