3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

How to remove headlights on an 06 dually?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2007 | 11:45 AM
RamQuadHD
|
Default How to remove headlights on an 06 dually?

Hi, I'm new here and have a question: How do I remove the headlights on my 06 dually? Is there a web page with detailed instructions? I see there's 3 bolts I have to undo, but is that it? Thank you!

Old 06-12-2007 | 05:25 PM
FFMedic1479
All Star
Default RE: How to remove headlights on an 06 dually?

Yup... that is probably just it... 3 screws.

Old 01-06-2008 | 06:39 PM
aa8385

there is a plastic tab in the wheel well

Old 01-06-2008 | 09:32 PM
Parts/Service
Champion

LAMP

[ol][*]Disconnect and isolate the battery negative cable.[*]Remove the oval-shaped rubber access hole plug from the forward upper outboard surface of the front fender wheel liner (4).[*]Reach through the wheel liner access hole to remove the nut (5) that secures the stud on the lower outboard corner of the front lamp unit (3) housing to the fender headlamp mounting panel.[*]With the hood panel opened, remove the two screws (2) that secure the inboard side of the lamp housing to the mounting panel.[*]Grasp the lamp firmly and pull straight forward to disengage the ball stud on the upper outboard corner of the lamp from the plastic grommet (1) in the mounting panel.

[*]Pull the lamp away from the fender far enough to access and disconnect the three wire harness connections (4) from the headlamp bulb (2), the park/turn signal bulb socket (3) and the side marker bulb socket (5) on the back of the lamp housing.[*]Remove the front lamp unit (1) from the fender.[/ol]

Quick Reply: How to remove headlights on an 06 dually?