3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Need help with LAMP OUT light....

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2007, 06:51 PM
Dire Wolf
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with LAMP OUT light....

The brake lights work when I am in my driveway but when I start driving and get about 1/2 mile down the road and touch the brake the LAMP OUT light comes on. I replaced EVERY bulb in the back of the truck and it still does it. It is only the left tail light. Like I said it will work perfectly all day when I am in the driveway. I just replace the strip again today with a brand new one and it is still doing it. All the bulbs are snug in the strip. Even put hi-temp silicone in the old one to hold the bulbs in and it still did it. Had this problem about 4 months ago and replaced the strip that the bulbs plug into then everything was fine until about a week ago.I NEED HELP!

Old 06-15-2007, 07:15 PM
Hemichief
Veteran
Default RE: Need help with LAMP OUT light....

Wow - I am at a loss. I replaced the board on mine and it worked. You have to have a short in the wiring somewhere. A connection or a ground that gets lose when you drive. I had the same issue on my truck.. it only happened out but it was also the left side. It burned out, replaced the bulb, went out again and I had to change the board. That did it for me. Take a look at the setting where the bulb is inserted into the board, not just the filament. It would almost seem like you have a lose ground somewhere. Good luck

Old 06-16-2007, 03:27 PM
Dire Wolf
Professional

BUMP

Old 06-29-2007, 07:22 PM
Dire Wolf
Professional

Fixed it. I got really sick of the dinging so I went to the dealer today to price a harness, thought maybe that was it, and it was $79 so I started talking to the service Manager and he said to check the wiring also the trailer harness thought maybe it would be cut or mucked up. Got underneath it when I got home and everything was fine. So I started tracing the wiring and noticed at one point the wiring was laying on top of the exhaust I had installed roughly a year ago. It melted through the loom but not through the wiring itself, thank God. Taped it up and zip tied it away from the exhaust and drove about 3-4 miles and never came on. Saved alot of money buy finding that early.

Old 06-30-2007, 02:22 PM
PinkTacoLover
Professional

Good find.

Quick Reply: Need help with LAMP OUT light....