3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

first problem with my bee...exhaust loose??

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2007, 12:27 AM
rappin_trashman
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default first problem with my bee...exhaust loose??

well guys ive ran into my first problem with the rumble bee...didnt check this when i bought it but...was following the wife home...and noticed my exhaust was REALLY loose...seemed to bounce around quite a bit...also i noticed when going over small bumps or little cracks in the road...there is a wierd high pitched noise inside the cab...i thought it had something to do with the seat belts...and didnt pay any mind to it...now i believe this is that...'noise'...i dont know much about cars....but i thought the exhaust had to be fabricated/welded together...so this is my question...round about how much would it cost to fix it...i plan on getting a custom made exhaust from a shop anyway sometime in the future...i guess its a good way to talk the wife into getting it now lol...i know a new exhaust installed is going to be around 450...any input is greatly appriciated!!

Old 06-16-2007, 02:06 AM
livetokite
Veteran
Default RE: first problem with my bee...exhaust loose??

since no ones replyed...

i say, go for the new exhaust!!

Old 06-16-2007, 02:10 AM
KRZY.BMET
Peaceful Browser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If it is rattling, it might just be a loose mount somewhere on the pipe. Get under the truck (when it is cool) and grab the exhaust and shake it. See where it is loose and see if you can tighten a mount. The mounts are usually shaped like a "U" or an "L" and bolted up to the frame somewhere. If a weld has come loose and you are not going to get the new exhaust anytime soon, you can have a shop weld it for like $40. But I recommend you trying to find the loose part first as some shops are shady and say that you need awhole new exhaust when you don't.

Old 06-16-2007, 02:18 AM
Pappy_FB
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: livetokite

since no ones replyed...

i say, go for the new exhaust!!
I agree go for a new exhaust.

What L andR Two says is a good place to start on the save your dollars issue.I think the mounts (hangers) are wielded to the exhaust and slip into a rubber mount connected to yer frame. If thesehave beenMIA for a while you might have to have a new exhaust anyway, the damage might equal or exceed getting a new set up.

Old 06-16-2007, 02:25 AM
hemiman123456
Veteran

haha....theres a guy down the road from me with dual exhaust on his hemi and when he hits a bump the pipes move at least half a foot from side to side.....

Old 06-16-2007, 10:52 PM
rappin_trashman
Professional

well...we came back from 6 flags this evening and i decided to get under it...and shake it...and sure enough the whole damnexhaust moves from what im assuming is the weld point...all the way up there...thinking about it...i know for a fact the truck is still under factory warranty for a good bit...but would the factory warranty cover something like this? and additionally...is it safe to drive the truck like this...?? ive only had it for like...not even a month...and the past two weeks ive been trying to drive her on the weekends(i have a 35-40 mile each way each day commute to work...so without mds...cant take her all the time...it kills me to just let it sit..when its even the weekends...thanks guys for all your help!

Old 06-16-2007, 11:25 PM
Pappy_FB
Record Breaker

Yes, warranty should cover it.

Quick Reply: first problem with my bee...exhaust loose??