3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

missing / stolen rim hubs

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2007 | 02:02 PM
mikerino
|
Default missing / stolen rim hubs

Hi everyone. I was washing my 03 Hemi Ram the other day and noticed that both of the front hubs were missing from the rims. Do people steal these things? If so why not all four? Do mechanics forget to put them back in sometimes? About the only thing the truck goes to the shop is for inspections and oil changes. I did have cooling system problems a while back where a hose had to be replaced.
Thank Mike

Old 06-19-2007 | 04:33 PM
FergN8R
Default RE: missing / stolen rim hubs

Hi. I posted a thread about this very subject just a couple weeks ago. I found out by the responses that these things in fact DO get stolen. One guy told me he worked at a Dodge dealership and they went through boxes of these things every week. I just got back from the junk yard and was able to pick one up for my missing one for $5. Good Luck!

Old 06-19-2007 | 04:39 PM
FFMedic1479
All Star

Absolutly F'in rediculous... I hate thiefs... and it isn't so much the cost of it that bothers me replacing things, but the total lack of disrespect people have for others possessions and the inconvience of it all. My fiance had her car broken into last week, and all they took was an XM player (that immediatly had the service cancelled to and the device disabled, so it is worthless) and two remotes for the stereo. The deductable is $500, so it isn't worth putting in a claim, but they bashed out her window. And since it happened on a Thursday and found after 5pm, it wasn't able to be fixed till Monday morning. Just a total pain in the ***** to be down a vehicle.

Old 06-20-2007 | 10:56 AM
mikerino
|

Its funny because I never leave the truck where I even have to lock it. Oh, wait a minute I lent it to my girlfriend.

Quick Reply: missing / stolen rim hubs