3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Liberty Intake pics with Stock Air Filter Box

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 03:13 PM
eltupac
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Liberty Intake pics with Stock Air Filter Box

Its kinda funny you say that, and have your avatar point and laugh at you. I mean no offense, I am in the same boat.

Old 06-27-2007, 03:14 PM
eltupac
All Star

I felt a bit more power yes, but with the Flow 40, it seems to be gone.

Old 06-27-2007, 03:33 PM
bchap05
Professional

The weird thing with mine is that when I put on my powerwire I noticed a difference in power, but when I took it off to goto the dealer the other day it felt stronger without it. I've also noticed that my powerwire has what looks like a lump in the middle of the cord that it didn't have when I bought it don't know if that would have anything to do with it. Maybe it just feels different so I think it feels more powerful and it really isn't I dont know

Old 06-27-2007, 03:46 PM
eltupac
All Star

I am in the same situation. My truck feels sluggish with the Flowmaster. I felt more power without it. Now its just loud and heavy.

Old 06-28-2007, 01:05 PM
bchap05
Professional

I checked it out on the way home from work. When I left I had the powerwire off and the truck felt pretty responsive. I was driving a harder than normal and to flooreditwhilegoing 30 in 3rd gear to see the response. I then pulled over and put the powerwire back in and drove the rest of the way home, also trying to floor it while going 30 in 3rd gear. The truck seemed to make more noise with the wire on but it was like it would make noise and not move. Overall it felt like it had less power and response with the wire in which is odd because I know that the first day I put the wire it it felt more responsive and powerful than stock. My new computer is going in today while I'm at work and I'll test it out again with the new comp.

Old 06-28-2007, 02:17 PM
eltupac
All Star

Also, I dont know, but it was mentioned in another post that the PCMs need time to relearn things, when stuff is changed. I dont know if we are giving it time to do so.

Old 06-28-2007, 02:59 PM
bchap05
Professional

Ya I thought of that. I've noticed when you first put the powerwire in the truck stalls easier in first gear when taking off but after a bit it stops.

Old 06-28-2007, 10:52 PM
marv02
Captain

It seem like mine pulled harder also when I first did the Mods and it's not so much anymore I figured I just gotten use to it so I can't feel it as much any more.

I pulling my Jet Chip off next week I going to the shop for a engine knock durring cold start up's and recalls I see then if it made a diffrent still also I putting the stock type exhaust back on it I sick a tired of the noise of the Mangaflow.

Old 06-28-2007, 11:28 PM
eltupac
All Star

Let us know if you feel a difference as well. Thanks.

Old 06-29-2007, 12:16 AM
bchap05
Professional

I picked my truck up today after having the comp installed and drove about a mile before putting in the powerwire. During that first mile it had no power and felt really weird since the comp hadn't been driven with at all. It was bogging down badly but it was getting better the farther I went. I pulled over put the powerwire in and let it idle for awhile to get used to it and now the truck feels good with the wire again. It feels much stronger like it did when I first go the powerwireso I think the main problem was the old comp not working well with the powerwire once something went wrong with it.

Quick Reply: Liberty Intake pics with Stock Air Filter Box