3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Liberty Intake pics with Stock Air Filter Box

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2007, 11:12 AM
eltupac
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Liberty Intake pics with Stock Air Filter Box

You think it had something to do with the powerwire that your comp went bad?

Old 06-29-2007, 01:54 PM
bchap05
Professional

Not sure I was kind of worried about putting it back in since that happened, but I haven't really heard of anyone else having trouble so I guess I'll see if this comp goes bad.I had the powerwire out of the truck when I took it to the dealer and they couldn't get the light off until they changed the comp. They said they tried everything and ended up calling Dodge and the Dodge tech couldn't figure it out either so they said to just put in a new comp and see if it works and if it doesn't then we will know that something else is wrong and screwing up the comp.

Old 07-04-2007, 01:11 AM
marv02
Captain

My engine light just came on today not a big thing It's going to shop next week anyways For recalls and engine knock noise. So now I need to put back to stock take off the Liberty Intake, Jet Chip and I getting a stock type muffler put on Thursday.

I been woundering if the Liberty Intake did make the engine light go on I had to swap out the air intake sender unit from the stock intake to the Liberty one or could it be the extending the wire for the sender unit that did me in.

Sure glade it still under it 36 mounth 36000 mile warentty.

Just hope the give me a free loaner car if they need to keep for a couple days weeks months you know how dealers can get.

Old 07-04-2007, 11:20 AM
marv02
Captain

I removed all the after market stuff this morning so far the engine light went off and runs good we will take on a trip today sometime after my wife gets out of bed I keep you posted.

Old 07-05-2007, 02:09 AM
bchap05
Professional

My dealer doesn't do free loaner cars that I know of. The took mine overnight and didn't say anything about one.

Old 07-05-2007, 08:56 AM
eltupac
All Star

The only way you get a loaner if it was in your contract at time of sell.

No lights for me.

Old 07-05-2007, 03:24 PM
bchap05
Professional

Is it that way for all dodge dealers? I worked fora Hyundai dealer for a bit and we gave loaners anytime someone needed them as long as they let us know in advace.The dealer I worked for wasa local smaller dealer aswe had 2 stores, soon to be 3 but allwithin 20 miles of each other.It was good idea because we got free advertising since the cars had our logos on them. Plus the cars were good cars and often would convice someone that had an older version to upgrade after driving the newer one.

Old 07-05-2007, 03:29 PM
marv02
Captain

Well I had the Magnaflow removed YEA and a stock type of muffler put back on I don't know what brand it is but this is the ticket, nice rumble at HWY speeds not overly loud just what I was looking for.

It is 3 inch in 3 inch out 20 inch long sound good louder than stock but not much at stop light I keeping this one.

After market stock muffler is the way to go if you looking for moreDeeper sound but not Loud.

It sound like my old Mangaflow at cruise even if you are on the gas hard and when you down shift to pick up some more speed you dont have to go deaf doing it.

As for removing the Jet Chip up on the HWY at 70 MPH you sure feel the diffrence After it go's to the shop for the recalls It going back on.
I had to down shift to 4th gear to climb a hill that I could do in 5th with the Jet Chip installed.

Also notice it did not have as much get up and go we made a 250 mile + tripon the 4th My engine light still off thats good I going to start reinstalling stuff one at a time and see if it go's back on or not, I don't think it was the Jet Chip I have had this installed for a long time I have a feeling it was the sending unitin the Liberty air intake we will see.

Old 07-05-2007, 03:36 PM
marv02
Captain

Hey eltupac

I used my stock sending unit off my stock Dodge truck intake system on the Liberty Intake tube the stock Plug would not fit the one that came with the Libety intake tube I just shoved it in to the rubber grommet how did you get you's to work.

I also like you had to extend the wires on the plug side to ge this to work.

Old 07-05-2007, 04:06 PM
eltupac
All Star

Exactly like yours. I extended the wires and just shoved the stock sensor into the Liberty's rubber grommet.

Quick Reply: Liberty Intake pics with Stock Air Filter Box