3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Need experienced opinion

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 05:44 PM
jeepking1
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need experienced opinion

I want an intake tube filter assy mainly to make it sound better, but of course, the improved throttle response would be nice too.
I know, I know, you get what you pay for, but I'm on a limited budget and was wondering if anyone had any experience with the cheaper setups that can be had off of eBay, maybe this one in particular:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...124&rd=1,1

If the picture is correct, I can leave the stock resonator box on the throttle body.
I was just wondering if it is even worth the money or better off just left stock.
Thanks all, JP

Old 06-27-2007, 07:48 PM
oefootball_70
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Need experienced opinion

I've seen one 4.7 guy wuth the same thing. He likes it, if I remember correctly.

Old 06-27-2007, 08:00 PM
bigjrussell
Captain

You wanna go cheap, I'd say take of the resonator box off and get a tube from the stock air box location to the throttle body. Then replace the filter with a Trueflow or K&N or what ever floats your boat.

Old 06-27-2007, 08:35 PM
KRZY.BMET
Peaceful Browser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That set up would be fine. Don't know to much about the filter, but the tubing is good. If the filter that comes with it collects to much crap then you can always upgrade down the road to a better filter.

Old 06-28-2007, 01:55 AM
Pappy_FB
Record Breaker

I hope you are reading the other three or four CIA post going on right now, somebody mentioned using jeep liberty parts $60 ...

Old 06-28-2007, 04:35 AM
DeWalt378G
Record Breaker

if you leave your resonator you won't get that throaty sound your looking for. you might get a little sound with a better filter, but that box is designed to supress it. also, would be nice to see some insulation on that pipe in the ebay auction.
for throttle response i would say you would need exhaust too. to make the best of "more going in" (CAI), then you need to have "more going out" (exhaust).
personally, i didn't seea drasticdifference in throttle response from cai and exhaust. however, my friends say it's different and i just got my truck back from the body shop and a guy there told me my truck was pretty fast ( i figured he was pulling my chain). so i said, "oh really? thanks," and then i told him i didn't have the superchips in and that i was going to do more stuff and he was like , " damn!"

so there ya go. realistic and impartial. hope it helps.

Old 06-29-2007, 04:17 AM
TRHemi
Rookie

I bought and installed a "AIRRAM" intake. The tube is basically 4" pvc pipe, with a .5" insulation, and foil tape.....running to a K&N 4"race filter cone. Noticed power, but mostly a deep throaty sound..amazing in comparison to my brothers K&N fipk on his '03 Hemi.

If you're in the least bit mechanically inclined, you can build this yourself really easy. I don't know if it was on here or another hemi forum....but someone listed all that needed to be bought to make this.

Quick Reply: Need experienced opinion