3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Is it worth getting the upgraded Infinity speakers on the 1500 hemi

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2007, 01:17 AM
jerseyjim82
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Is it worth getting the upgraded Infinity speakers on the 1500 hemi

i did that on my last dodge...it was a 2003...i replaced the back two speakers (didnt replace the front cause already had an amp going to them and they would have sounded worse)...and then i got one of those Infinity Subs...it sounded pretty good....i guess another question I have is...If i go with the upgraded speaker system on the new Hemi 07....can I add anything to it to make it sound better rather than going stock and revamping the whole thing

Old 06-29-2007, 01:27 AM
jortiz9758
Rookie

Most definately go aftermarket.....the aftermarket stuff that is out there is far superior than stock...and if you shop around you will spend less than $1200 for a much better system....I did

Old 06-29-2007, 02:25 PM
John M
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm surprised at all the hate for the stock system. I'd rank the one in my 03 as "very good" for a stock stereo, though I admittedly wasn't the one who paid $2k+ for the option. That's an advantage of buying used

I got into car stereo in the late 80s so I'm not a newb in that department either.

Old 06-29-2007, 02:41 PM
TReX5.7
Professional

I replaced 6 out of the 7 speakers and threw a 12" alpine in the back seat, obviously much better bass but so much clearer with all the new speakers and there was a whole lot of rattling I had with the infinitys, I even had the dealership replace a couple under warranty and they still sounded like poo. I dynomated all the door panels as well. Sooooo much happier with the sound.

Old 06-29-2007, 05:54 PM
Ben D.
Champion

ORIGINAL: jerseyjim82

i guess if i was planning on leasing it would be dumb to put that aftermarket stuff in there though right...unless i took it out when i turned the car in...right
not really. As long as ur careful with what you take out of the truck you can easily uninstall it all after ur lease is up. For example just keep ur stock h/u wiring/speakers all that. and then when you install all the stuff you buy really that can all be moved to a different car. the only money you'd lose would be the MDF board that you make the sub enclosure out of. which is extrememly cheap. that is assuming you went to a vehicle that needed a different box design to fit.

o and hansonhvac. It is very hard to formulate a halfly edumacated respsonse when your avatar is that distracting lol.

Quick Reply: Is it worth getting the upgraded Infinity speakers on the 1500 hemi