3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Just got the exhaust done..and now I'm curious

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 04:01 PM
prorider17
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just got the exhaust done..and now I'm curious

Hey everyone, after a while of thinking bout it and all I finally got the chance to put the exhaust on my truck. I took it to my muffler shop and they installed an imco extreme muffler which went right with my silverline dual exhaust. Let me just say, god I love exhaust systems.lol I was curious, before I had the exhaust, I had a KN&N filter in, but I lost mpg so I took it out. Should I stick it back in? basically, I've got a new muffler..... also, PM me if you know why my subwoofer is rattling. 400w rms amp, 300w rms sub, did I blow the sub???

Any advice would be great.oh yeah....and what aftermarket 20"s would look good on a lil '02 reg cab short box. THANX!!!!!!

Old 07-03-2007, 05:02 PM
Pirata
Champion
Location: 2nd star to the right, then straight on until morning
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Just got the exhaust done..and now I'm curious

Officially K&N make no claims to increased mileage only the fact their filters are able to be cleaned and lubed to last for 1 million miles. Personally I noticed a 2-3 mpg increase using a K&N filter. I know I am not the only one either to notice an increase, but a few have not noticed an increase in mileage. If you put it back in think about the reason, a lifelong filter or mileage? Maybe rerun the test you initally ran to see again.

Quick Reply: Just got the exhaust done..and now I'm curious