3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Road Trip

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2007, 05:16 PM
Vandal77
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Road Trip

Heading south tonight...thousand plus miles. I'll post MPG next week when I get some time. It will be a good test for highway gas consumption.
26 gal tank, will average 65 mph on cruise control, with the A/C on.
07 Quad Cab, 4x4, 5.7 hemi, full load of cargo, wife,kids, komoto dragon salivating Rotty in the back.
First stop Little Creek, VA.
Laststop, Daytona, FL

Old 07-08-2007, 06:01 PM
djr04
All Star
Default RE: Road Trip

Should be a good test of the MDS system. Hopefully you get some good mileage results to post. 65 should be the perfect speed for best fuel economy and trip time balance I would imagine.

Old 08-05-2007, 08:43 PM
Vandal77
Rookie

16-17 mpg averages all the way down, 1010 miles, can't/won't tell you what my speed was, however, normally at 65-70, I get approximately 19-21 mpg. Honestly, when traveling that far, I just wanted to get to my desitnation and didn't give a second thought about mileage once I was underway. Left Philly after midnight, sitting down in Ft. Lauderdale drinking a Corona and eating a juicy steakjust in time for dinner, bright-silver 07 Ram ThunderRoad, and all of it's Hemi horses, tied up and watered down just out side the saloon as I poured on the A1 steak sauce, and tasted the lime in the brewski. Hee hee.

Old 08-05-2007, 09:27 PM
Horseapples
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yuck Dude, any beer you have to add fruit too aint good beer, any steak you have to add sauce too aint a good steak! Feed that swill to the Rot, buy a wally world mini grill, some ribeyes and grab a case of Becks, a cooler, 2 bags of ice and enjoy the beach![sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Old 08-05-2007, 09:29 PM
HuntinHanson
Champion

Have fun on the trip! Stay safe!

Old 08-05-2007, 09:33 PM
Pappy_FB
Record Breaker

LoL

Looks likeyou over shot Daytona by about a couple hundred miles.

Old 08-06-2007, 01:16 PM
Vandal77
Rookie

Horseapples, you are correct in all of your comments, I don't know what came over me...exhaustionI think. Hanson, it was safe, except for the damn no-see-ums, flying little microscopic vampires that bite the crap out of you from dusk til dawn, ate me up in the Stewart area.
Pappy, Irarely plan a thing, and I take a lot of heat for that, but my life's never boring that way, and yes, overshot Daytona big time, and even left the komodo dragon dog with a neighbor so we didn't have to head to Little Creek, Va either.
When in the truck, my better half asked me how far and how long, the kids laughed and we drove until we were tired, Ft. Lauderdale was the place we ended up. We rarely plan a thing and it's fun like that. Hit Lauderdale, Hutchinson Island, Orlando, Siesta Key, Tampa, and Pappy...the one place I wanted to get to was Daytona and take the race track tour, but the day we set it aside (actually planned something), it rained just about 3.5 inches, so we headed back to the Gulf coast, went to St. Petes beach, and munched out at the Hurricane.
By the way, for anyone who's never tried Priceline.com, I'll tell you what, we've never gone wrong with them, NYC, Canada, FLA, all over the US, quality hotels, last minute or planned weeks ahead, great prices, never dissapointed.
Florida was great, always is, Lauderdale filled with Scandanavian women, Orlando filled with British women, but I'm married and wouldn't pay attention to those things...now how did they say nice truck in Danish....I can't remember...but it sounded great. lol.

Quick Reply: Road Trip