3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Stock Sirius connection

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2007, 09:57 AM
nuckingfuts22
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock Sirius connection

Ok I got me a really great head unit a few months ago. I made sure it was Sirius and XM ready. I installed it and it looks great but I now DONT HAVE SIRIUS!!! Is there anyway for me to hook into the stock Sirius antenia on my truck with an after market Sirius receiver so it can hook into my new JVC head unit??? Any ideas would be great guys.

Old 08-03-2007, 10:50 PM
CT_RAM
Default RE: Stock Sirius connection

I just got done putting aftermarket navigation, back-up camera, cd changer, DVD,and sirius in my 07 Quad Cab. In the 07 the Sirius receiver is in the dash behind the glove box. Remove the glove box then look up. Its mounted on a plate that is bolted to a round crossmember. It has a green connector that you will need to remove or modify to plug into an aftermarket Sirius receiver.

Old 08-04-2007, 11:21 PM
nuckingfuts22
Professional

I wonder if it would be the same for an 06??? Hummmmm thanks thats something for me to look into tomorrow.

Old 08-04-2007, 11:42 PM
HighDuke1911
Champion

Since we are on the topic of aftermarket HeadUnits... Did the new CD player affect the Infinity sound system? Do you have it?

Old 08-06-2007, 01:20 PM
nuckingfuts22
Professional

I dont know. I had the lower stock unit and I replaced out all the speakers in my truck and added a 350 watt amp. I have heard that replacing out the head unit and keeping the stock Infinity speakers still sounds good, they have a small amp with them so it would push a lot better. Granted you are not going to have door shakin sound but it will be much richer than what you currently have. DONT go cheap with your head unit you will still get what you paid for. I am just a fan of JVC, I have always had very good luck with them but everyone knows the good brands out there, do your homework and ask some questions and trust me you will get some feed back on a good head unit for the Infinity system.

Quick Reply: Stock Sirius connection