3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Buying ram need advice

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2007, 06:52 PM
crwinger
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buying ram need advice

i went to a dealership and saw a mineral grey 2005 1500 laramie with sport package. I think it is the J Laramie package. It is a reg cab with short bed. It has 3k on odometer with a plastic bed liner and a bed cover. They are asking 23k for it. It seems like a good deal seeing as i hate 2007 tail lights and want 04-06 ram. the dealership is out of town, is there a way of knowing for sure what options the car has. i have the vin number and everything, just can't remember everything it has.[/align]

Old 07-13-2007, 07:02 PM
FFMedic1479
All Star
Default RE: Buying ram need advice

Maybe someone get give you the exact area in dodge to look (can't remeber how I did it) and request a build sheet. It took a couple days but it had every little thing put into that truck.

Old 07-13-2007, 08:48 PM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Where your from? I can be talked into selling my Hemi for 21K, pics in my gallery (click the camera near my name).

Old 07-14-2007, 02:53 PM
JimmyDiablo
Champion

Is diesel out of the question.

Old 07-14-2007, 02:57 PM
crwinger

are u asking me am i ruling out a deisel?

Old 07-14-2007, 03:37 PM
#Red
Record Breaker
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Just go here; http://www.dodge.com/wccsapp/univers...amp;category=Uand fill out the form. They will email you the results in a couple of days. Red

Old 07-14-2007, 03:45 PM
KRZY.BMET
Peaceful Browser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

3k miles on an '05. I find that a little hard to believe unless some old guy bought it and his wife never let him take it out to the store. Also $23k is alot for an '05 RC. I bought my '06 Mega Cab brand new in '07 for $24k. I know it is a Laramie and has all the luxary add ons, but I think you might be able to find one alot cheaper.

BTW, I don't know if the sport package makes a huge deal as far as the price goes, so if someone chimes in a says differently then I will stand corrected. I am thinking that the sport package is mostly a body kit and tires.

Old 07-14-2007, 03:48 PM
crwinger

yea i know i just like the look of the sport package a lot better than slt or laramie
so i would love the luxury and feelof laramie and the looks of the sport package.

Old 07-14-2007, 04:07 PM
KRZY.BMET
Peaceful Browser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is good that you know what you want too. Alot of people buy just because then they complain about not getting what they really wanted in their vehicle.
I would really check the miles on that though. 3k miles is great but might mess up the warranty if it was bought and traded in, in '04 or '05. The truck doesn't even have the broken in mileage yet and there are always problems that can occur before the 20k mile mark is reached. Find out if the miles are good and what kind of warranty it will have. No warranty, then I would be a little frightened.

Now back to the way you like the look. You could always find a used RC SLT alot cheaper, spend about $2000-$3000 for a body kit that you like and is different and then have the seats get custom leather. Your truck would be very unique, it will be to your liking, and you probably would come out cheaper overall after all the upgrades that you do. Now if the truck was a QC then there is a different story and price range and the only thing you would need to worry about is the correct mileage and warranty. This is just my thoughts. I love to buy base and then add my own touches. It is more fun...

Old 07-14-2007, 04:20 PM
crwinger

i see around here about ppl buying 07s with like almost 10k off msrp, is this info ppl say legit?

Quick Reply: Buying ram need advice