3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Antifreeze leak

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2007, 04:38 PM
marv02
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Antifreeze leak

Drain the system remove bolt thats leaking spray some Brake cleaner down it then some acid tone make sure it is nice and clean and DRY take a good look at the threads make sure they are good clean bolt put some RTV Sealent on bolt and water pump hole reinstall bolt tourqeBOLTthis should fix it if I was youI would do every bolt one at a time if you remove the water pump you could rip the gasket and have to get a new one thats why one bolt at a time.

And if you do one bolt at a time then tourqe them as you do it hopfully you will not warp anything.

Are you sure it's not the gasket that bad.

Or is it the Weep hole on the bottem of the pump if it is the weep hole you have a bad pump NEW dose not mean it's Good I changed out 2 or 3 pumps before I gotten a good one.

I would not reuse the coolent just get some new stuff it not much money and if you want to run some straight water at first NO coolent to see if you fixed the leak or made new ones Not saying run straighty water for a long time just to see if you fixed it and also this will help flush out the system when you drain it, I am lazy I just pull the lowwer Rad hose off it drain faster than the drain valve on the rad but pulling the hose can get messy.

I sorry to hear you got stuck with a POS but most of the time they can be fixed in to a good truck it just takes some TLC or a VW tool (BFG )(BIG F-ING HAMMER).
Good luck.

Old 10-21-2007, 04:39 PM
HemiJr3.7

Im up close to 75k and the only thing i had to replace or fix on this truck was first the o2 sensor, second the cat converter shreded its screen and blew parts of it into the muffler so i had dodge replace the cat for free and the muffler was $90 with free install but the dealership was going to charge me $300 for stock muffler and install. and around 49k my fan clutch whent bad but that was $40 and a easy install

Old 10-21-2007, 05:44 PM
bigpoppasalinas

Thanx for the helpI am going to try it right now I will let you know how it goes

Old 10-21-2007, 07:08 PM
rodneyw71

I had to replace the O2 sensor also on my truck also, seems to be a problem.

Old 10-29-2007, 10:28 PM
marv02
Captain

ORIGINAL: bigpoppasalinas

Thanx for the helpI am going to try it right now I will let you know how it goes
So what happen did you fix it.

Quick Reply: Antifreeze leak