3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Help with Tail Light Change 2004

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2007, 03:53 PM
Keener
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with Tail Light Change 2004

My wife has a Rumble Bee 1500. witha tail light out. I am unable to pull the tail light assembly out to replace it. There are 2 screws i can remove by the tailgate, no trouble.

There looks to be 2 plactic nuts inside the bed assembly I can see, but not access.

Does anyone have any helpful tips. I would hate to take a tail light replacement job to a garage. Tranny, maybe, but bulb replacement...

Thanks for any/all help.

Old 07-15-2007, 04:46 PM
HuntinHanson
Champion
Default RE: Help with Tail Light Change 2004

just take out those two screws you found by dropping the tailgate and pull straight towards you. They are just little clips that lock in there. It pulls pretty hard due to them locking in there well. But if you just pull straight towards you they will come out.

Old 07-15-2007, 05:40 PM
Keener

Great, thanks. I swapped it out, no troubles. Ya, just pull stright out, and it just pops out. I am always a bit careful when it comes to plastic parts. I was just thinking, great, if I bust this tail light assembly, it would be about $150. Thanks again-

Old 07-15-2007, 06:56 PM
HuntinHanson
Champion

yeah i felt the same way when i was pulling mine out, but got so frustrated that finally just said screw it im replacing it anyway whats it matter if factory breaks? but then it just popped out with no damage!

Quick Reply: Help with Tail Light Change 2004