3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Anyone else swap to Full Synthetic?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 03:14 AM
ttuguy1983
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Anyone else swap to Full Synthetic?

sorry forgot to answer the post question...... i use synthetic blend oil. much cheaper and maintains its viscosity. I work in a shop on the weekend and deal alot with oil and honestly youll be fine with a good detergent natural oil like castrol and penzoil. unless you dont plan on changing every 3000 miles. i change every 3000 miles, but i like to put my foot into it every now and then. so i use castrol synthetic blend to be safe as well as k&n oil filters. the difference in lucidity of the oil out of a k&n filtered vehicle vs. a standard filter vehicle like fram or wix is very noticeable. i highly recommend a high performence filter such as k&n.

Old 07-18-2007, 11:58 AM
sharpshooter
Veteran

ORIGINAL: casper3380

Is the truck new? With a new truck (or any vehicle for that matter) you want to do an early oil change after 1k miles. Helps remove the initial break in debree that comes with a new motor. When its time with mine, she is going full synthetic. The only way to go. lol

I thought the same thing when I bought mine, so I called the dealer on it... He advised me that it wouldnt be the best idea to change the oil early. He also said that dodge designed the motors to run on dinosaur oil. He told me to keep the oil in there until its the regularly scheduled oil change. He said this way if something happend to the truck dodge couldnt come back and say well you done this and that and we are not covering it...

Old 07-18-2007, 03:25 PM
Cordoba man
Professional

It's possible to get over 20. If the cruise is set for a long trip and the tonneau is on, using synthetic everything. It doesn't hurt the mileage if you accelerate quick sometimes, it's just speeding up and slowing down. It takes the same energy to get to 60 no matter if you're half throttle or just touching it. If you get to speed quicker then you let off the gas while a slower driver is still on the gas.

Old 07-18-2007, 06:33 PM
itsmejto
Amateur

I've found trying to compute gas milage on a new engine is a waste of time, give it 10k before working it out, my hemi was doing 8/9 till it gradually started to get better and by 10k it's maxed out at 12city 17.5 higway.
Yes, mobil1 syn.

Quick Reply: Anyone else swap to Full Synthetic?