3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

SeaFoam...?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2007, 01:03 PM
jorswift
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SeaFoam...?

Hello,
I heard about a thing called SeaFoam cleaning out your trucks engine and ect. HAs anyone ever used it? Is it safe?

Old 07-20-2007, 01:26 PM
motorider228
Champion
Default RE: SeaFoam...?

I have never used it or heard of anyone using it in the newer rams but I am into desert racing so I freequent some toyota forums and the tacoma guys swear by the stuff. They pour that stuff into their motors like gasoline. So yes, it is safe, some say it does stuff, just haven't heard of dodge guys using it.

Old 07-20-2007, 01:46 PM
Hellbilly1
Veteran

i was wondering the same thing if it actually cleaned out anything?? and if there was any benefits from it?

Old 07-20-2007, 02:14 PM
bdhuntr
Veteran
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You can find out all you want about Sefoam and Dodges here:

http://www.dodgetalk.com/forums/

Just do a search for Seafoam. Seems like a lot of guys are using it there. I have no personal experience with it, and at 21,000 miles I don't think I'd see any benefit.

Old 07-20-2007, 02:35 PM
rob usa

Ijust used carb cleaner in my brake booster tube today, your supposed to use seafoam
but I couldnt find it at the parts place so Iused carb cleaner
and got nothing from the tailpipe no smoke or anythingguess my motor is clean even at 80000 miles

Old 07-20-2007, 03:45 PM
Im3Good4U
Rookie

I read a post about putting sea foam through the brake booster and i was wondering were is that line located...What is the brake booster.

By the way i used a pint of sea foam in my 04 Ram w/ about 16 gallons and although it doesnt seem like it does much it helps keep stuff clean in your engine and removes moisture from gas lines and tank. It is also suppose to free up your injectors of debri and anything left behind. Im going to pour another pint in my engineOIL about 100 miles beore my next oil change.

Old 07-20-2007, 10:25 PM
bdhuntr
Veteran
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: Im3Good4U

I read a post about putting sea foam through the brake booster and i was wondering were is that line located...What is the brake booster.

By the way i used a pint of sea foam in my 04 Ram w/ about 16 gallons and although it doesnt seem like it does much it helps keep stuff clean in your engine and removes moisture from gas lines and tank. It is also suppose to free up your injectors of debri and anything left behind. Im going to pour another pint in my engineOIL about 100 miles beore my next oil change.
Look to the right of the throttle body (with you standing in front of the engine looking towards the rear of the truck) and you will see a large, round disc-shaped item adjacent to the master cylinder. That is the brake booster and it has a vacuum line that connects to the throttle body. That vacuum provides a "boost" to your brakes, thus the "power" in power brakes. Pull that line off the booster and place it into a container of Seafoam in order to suck it into the engine via the throttle body.

Old 07-21-2007, 11:19 AM
slapshot12
Professional

I use it in my outboard, Yamaha 225, every 3 tanks or so I mix in 3 cans in the gas tank. It does keep the build up to a minimum and cleans out the motor. I also use it in my lawn tractor and weed whacker. I put some in my wife's Miata last winter by just mixing it with a tank of gas. I got no smoke or anything from it. It had around 25k miles on it. It definately ran smoother afterwards.

Here's the website....
http://www.seafoamsales.com/

Quick Reply: SeaFoam...?