3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

ECM Troubles

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 10:40 AM
PinkTacoLover
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ECM Troubles

Hey all,

I was driving last night and out of nowhere my ECM light starts to flash. All of a sudden I've got a rough idle at about 1500-2000rpmand the ride is almost impossible to stop, even when the brakes are fully applied. I run 91 octane, with an AT3030 exhaust, and AEM Brute Force CAI. I'm getting the car towed to the dealer today so they can take a look at it. Any ideas on what could be going on? I've got some mods but they've been running fine for the last three months. I don't want the dealer to jerk me around so any tips. Does anybody have the link to where I can get the information on the warranty act that protects consumers who use aftermarket autoparts? Damn....This sucks.

Old 07-24-2007, 11:53 AM
deanj287
Captain
Default RE: ECM Troubles

wish you would have done the key trick to pull the code if it was throwing one... even with a sc programmer they have to prove that thats what caused the failure. what works best for me was to ask them to write down what happened (the damage) and then write down why (what they were blam ing it on) and then i asked the service advisor, his manager, the shop foreman and the mechanic that worked on the truck to all sign and print and date it. never had them question me after that.... and they would NOT do it eother.

Old 07-24-2007, 01:06 PM
KRZY.BMET
Peaceful Browser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Something similiar happened to me. The tranny solenoid locked up and stuck me in 3rd gear, no matter what I did. If I was driving under 30mph, the idle was rough and when I went to stop, I too had a hard time to get it to stop as the truck tried to keep the RPM up for the gear that it was in. Then to go, the RPM would shoot sky high to get the truck to roll. All they had to do was change out the solenoid, 1 day job.

Old 07-24-2007, 04:36 PM
PinkTacoLover
Professional

This is covered under warranty, right?

Quick Reply: ECM Troubles