3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

any hemi owners have problems with there bully dog?

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 02:59 PM
ttuguy1983
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default any hemi owners have problems with there bully dog?

ive been on the phone with tech support all day. still no luck. my bully dog makes my truck run like crap. weve tried 4 different software versions. like its not getting any fuel and transmission does not seem to operate properly either.

Old 07-24-2007, 05:25 PM
KRZY.BMET
Peaceful Browser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: any hemi owners have problems with there bully dog?

Not having any problems here. Works fine on my end. Did you perform the update before you uploaded the tune to your truck? Are you running 91 or better octane fuel? Are you running good gas, meaning not some corner market gas that has to many additives that can still make the truck run bad under the performance tune. I found that when I run cheap gas or Ceveron (believe it not), I truck runs bad. Mobil, Sunoco, and Citgo works real good with Sunoco at the top. All of them are 93 octane. I saw earlier that you were running 91 octane, I would run down the tank and put in 93 or get some octane boost and see if this helps. It shouldn't matter, but you never know. I accidentally ran 89 one time (2 points less than the 91 supposedally needed) and my truck would stall everytime I slowed fast or switched between reverse and drive and the truck would bog out on slow speed up. 2 points killed the truck, maybe 2 points higher on you octane will help. Just a thought. Hope this helps.

Old 07-25-2007, 01:57 AM
ttuguy1983
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: any hemi owners have problems with there bully dog?

93 is not available where i live. i used highestavailable, 92 at fina stations. wierd octanes. im going to try one last thing before i give in. im going to the dealership in the morning to have them update my computer with a couple of tsb flash updates. i think my truck may have an issue that may be corrected by these updates. when i run my buly dog it acts as if it starved for fuel. or either getting to much. which would make total sense. being that the computer controls everything. it would explain the infrequent shifting. ill post and let everyone know how it turns out.

Quick Reply: any hemi owners have problems with there bully dog?