3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Tint Q

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 05:22 PM
Vandersnoot
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tint Q

I know that this is going to vary state to state and town to town, but I am looking to get 20% tint on my front windows and I think the state law here in NC is 30 or 35% in the front. For those of you who have dark tint in the front, have you ever had any issues with the coppers or as long as you arent driving like a jackass do the cops pretty much leave you alone??

Old 07-24-2007, 05:28 PM
KRZY.BMET
Peaceful Browser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Tint Q

I got pulled over for my tints while driving through NC on my way to Pa. My tints are limo in the back and 10% over the legal in the front for most states. The cop let me go, but made the statement "Even though you are from Florida, you have to obey every states laws." Florida law is the same, but the cops down here knows how hot it gets and don't care as much.

Old 07-24-2007, 05:33 PM
HuntinHanson
Champion

i used to have 20% on my old truck, the only time anything was ever said was when i got pulled over for speeding and all the officer said was your tint is pretty dark, i'd keep my windows rolled down if your going by a cop other than me. The state law is 50% here

Old 07-24-2007, 05:34 PM
Mean Max

I also live in Florida, my front windows & a visor strip on the top edge of my windshield are tinted to match my factory privacy glass on the rear windows of my MegaCab, although I don't know what that percentage is. I travel from Florida to North Carolina about 2-3 times per year, and I have never been pulled over for my tint.

I would agree with L and R Two, that the cops here in Florida pretty much look the other way, regardless of how dark the tint is.

Old 07-24-2007, 05:56 PM
oefootball_70
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

In kansas no tint is allowed on the front windows, I have 20. And I have 5 on the back three. Never been pulled over.

Old 07-24-2007, 06:01 PM
Night_Runner
Champion

on my ram i had 5% all the way around till i got rid of the truck...3 years...i had been pulled over a 3 times total and 2 of those times were at night...i no comments were made about the tint at all. on my dakota i have 15% over the rear which comes out to about 3% and 15% up front and a 5% brow on the windshield....with how much cab room i have, and how dark it is, the fronts appear to match the back from the outside...ive had absolutely no problems here....but really it can vairy town to town on whether cops around you enforce it or not. ive actually gotten compliments on my vehicles....

oh and the firehawk is tinted at 15% (only mod on it) and my moms 350z is 20%....never been pulled over in the hawk, thank god bc it wouldnt be good, and noone has ever said anything about my moms tint...

Old 07-24-2007, 11:59 PM
pakaalbite
Professional

GA is 32% on the front two side windows and 5% on the rest

Quick Reply: Tint Q