3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Specific exhaust question.

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 05:29 PM
casper3380
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Specific exhaust question.

Ok, want a hands down opinion for this. I want an exhaust system. Im looking at gibson atm ( for my hemi). My first priority is power, a good sound is good as well, but not too loud though. What would be the best system to consider. The system would be installed at the same time as a cai ( wanting AEM Brute force if that helps). With everyones' experience here, im hoping for help to make the final choice. thx again.

I posted this in the main forum post as well, but wanted a good amount of response. As I listed before, I'm presently looking at gibson but would consider a different system as well. The exact system is a split rear dual exhaust. Power is number one priority. So please, let me know what you think. Thx again
casper

Old 07-26-2007, 06:51 PM
hemiyellow
DC Insider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Specific exhaust question.

if it was me.......i'd go Borla all the way, but thats just my opinion...and i too have the AEM CAI (i love it)

Old 07-26-2007, 07:59 PM
TReX5.7
Professional

I would definitely consider borla as well. I have a magnaflow split rear dual and I love it. Good power and just right sound.

Old 07-26-2007, 11:50 PM
bobbylight
Professional

i would go flowmaster 50 series dumped

Old 07-27-2007, 02:09 AM
livetokite
Veteran

please don't go with gibson. (sounds like crap on my friends truck!)

go with flowmaster, or borla, or magnaflow

Old 07-27-2007, 02:54 AM
Night_Runner
Champion

ORIGINAL: hemiyellow

if it was me.......i'd go Borla all the way, but thats just my opinion...and i too have the AEM CAI (i love it)
x's 2 on borla, its what i have...louder than stock, sounds nice and mean when you stomp on it, and quiet at idle....all the while, very distinct sound...i did leave 1 reso on...i cant decide if i want to take the reso off or leave it on[:'(]...but seriousely, with what it sounds like you want, non biased opinion would have been borla anyway

if you wanted something loud, id go with corsa, but you want something quiet. cant you tell i like to be distinct...borla and corsa? imo they are the best, but they will also cost you more....if i were u, i would buy the muffler, but what ever tip you want, and have your shop fab up the piping....you will save tons doing it this way...like i said, i have a borla muffler (pro xs (center center)) but i did go with corsa tips

Old 07-27-2007, 02:57 PM
casper3380
Veteran

thx for the advice guys, i will go with the borla, probably side exhaust, no point in wasting the money on the duals just for show. I appreciate you responses. Hemiyellow, do you have any idea of power gain you have with the borla exhaust and the aem cai? If so let me know, since i will have about the identical setup, thx m8

Old 07-27-2007, 06:24 PM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

There is a exhaust post sticky at the top of this section with all sorts of info.

Quick Reply: Specific exhaust question.