3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Load levelling floor

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2007, 09:51 PM
cpukramer
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Load levelling floor

Ok this post is mainly to vent my frustrations, haha ... has anyone else tried to take their load levelling floor out of their quad cab Ram? ... I went outside to install some new 10" subs in my truck and I had to take the load levelling floor out in orer to fit in the custom made box, I could NOT believe how hard it was to remove those 18mm bolts. Of course I dont have an 18mm socket so I had to use a 12" crescent. OMG those bolts were in there tighter than hell. Took me almost an hour just to remove four bolts!!!!! Oh well had to stop because it is dark out so I guess I will resume in the morning and finish wiring anything up. At least I got the box mounted, lol. UGHHHHHHHH

Old 07-27-2007, 11:31 PM
damquick1
Veteran
Default RE: Load levelling floor

If you are leaving them out I'd be interested in buying them.

Old 07-28-2007, 12:08 AM
hemiyellow
DC Insider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah i took them out of my 02 ram.....they were really simple and didnt take long...if memory serves me right i think i still got em somewhere...i'll have to look when i go back home for thanksgiving

Old 07-28-2007, 12:20 AM
John M
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That was one of the reasons I picked the Ram. I run a computer business and need a place (other than the bed) to put big boxes. I love that feature.

I'll be adding some music but it'll be the box that takes the place of the front center seat. I can do plenty of damage with a single 12. In my Grand Marquis, that was 141 dB with one 12 on 180 watts.

Old 07-28-2007, 12:20 PM
cpukramer
Captain

ya unfortunately I have to leave them out because the speakers will not fit with the floor still in. I do like having that feature but I havent used it too many times so I think I would rather have the extra volume. I still have the floors and they are in perfect condition if you are still interested. PM me if you are still interested. Ok well back out there to hopefully finish up!!

Quick Reply: Load levelling floor