3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

CB RADIOS!

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2007, 04:55 AM
spud11
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: CB RADIOS!

As far as mount places the frunk and roof are the bes places, because alot of antena's transmit down, and you can't beat a Wilson for an antena, witha Cobra CB. Once you get the SRS in the right range you should be able to get a goot 2 miles, atleast I did on my dads f-250, btw the antena is a Wilson 500 magnetic mount w/ a 6' whip. My uncle uses the 1000 6', and he gets a little bit more dstance. And when you tune your radio, if you have either the metter built into the radio or bought one, make sure you are as far away from power line and meatal structures as you possiably can be.

Old 12-29-2007, 05:13 AM
RamItOne

Do you have the bench or captains chairs? If you have cap chairs with the center consol you can mount it vertically on the passenger side of the center consol, you can see/use the control ***** and display easily from the drivers seat. It wont take up much leg room at all for the passenger. Or you can mount it to the ceiling of your truck.

I googled for some pics of the bench seat, found another one same concept with a manual trans so it doesnt get in the way.

Old 12-29-2007, 05:19 AM
spud11
Veteran

And my grandfather has that rmote mount CB with the controls on the mic, and he hates it, he says its the wors one he's ever owned.

Old 12-29-2007, 01:13 PM
05Hemi_man

I have a Cobra CB i mounted just below the cupholers in my 05. Watch out for those pesky airbag wires though. I ran my coax around the inside trim and out a hole i found under my backseat in the storage area. Its under the carpet which comes out easily. My antenna is mounted to my toolbox.

Old 12-29-2007, 09:04 PM
6 hemi ram
Professional

i put mine in the tray under the radio. i had to take the tray out and cut off the back and up the sides a little so the CB would slide back, (the tray is tapered) looks professional. the antenna is another story. I have a 9' whip that is mounted on the drivers side ear tie down. makes sense if you saw it . then attached above the drivers side pass door.

Old 12-31-2007, 05:27 AM
Offroad Hemi
Rookie

I am selling my Cobra 75WXST. I had it in my TJ Jeep with an external speaker. I was going to install it in the Ram, but I am trading my Ram for another. I don't really need it anymore.

$75 Plus whatever shipping comes to. You pick UPS,FedExor USPS and speed of delivery.
PM me with your emailand I will send you some pics.

Old 12-31-2007, 09:56 AM
Blue Ridge Transport

I have found a company that makes laptop mounts for cars and trucks.They also make a nice mount for CBs that looks like a very like set-up.There website is www.autolaptoplinkinc.com . The CB mount run like $29.00 i think im going to give it try , if you guy need a mount and want to make it look nice in your rig check them out.. HAPPYNEW YEARS!!!!!!!

Old 01-09-2008, 04:15 PM
Traillblazer

I installed my cb last week. Fabbed up a bracket to slide under the plastic of the middle storage compartment. works great. Now I have a question that I could not find an answer to in this thread or the other one in the diesel thread. Where can I wire this into so that power is shut off with the key? I want it to turn on when the key is in the on or accessory position. Any suggestions?

Old 01-13-2008, 10:19 AM
moparmutt
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a couple people (TDmopar) ask me how I made my bracket so I figured I would post it up. First off it was just a piece of 1/8" plate that I bent a a 90*. I would have a hard time trying to describe what I did so I drew this in paint. Sorry it looks like a caveman drew it, it was the best I could do I hope it helps. I did angle all the corners so they would not be sharp. I also got fancy and made a slot so I could easily move it if I had a third person up front. It's not in the drawing.
Name:  CBBRACKET.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  6.0 KB
Name:  2007_1006005.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  37.5 KB
I think I posted more pics in is thread, but I just wanted to give you an idea. Oh, I built this for my cb a Cobra 25 NW ST, so it might not work for all. I didn't want huge cb plus my Dad gave me this one. Hope it helps.

Old 01-13-2008, 11:34 AM
tdmopar59
Grand Champion

do you have that storage in the center seat? how did u mount the cb to that plate?

Quick Reply: CB RADIOS!