3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Can someone find ONE honest dealership?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 05:51 PM
Sir Hardin Thicke
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Can someone find ONE honest dealership?

ORIGINAL: mdram43

had a new crate engine installed that had a 1 year warranty. engine blew the 2nd or 3rd day i had it. piston melted, whole 9 yards. when they brought my car in to take the engine out, they disassembled the entire engine and left it in pieces all over the shop, and the tranny etc was out. this was a local well known dealership. they then said it was my fault, and gave me a bill for everything. i then had to take everything to an engine building shop and pay for the engine to be rebuilt. theres no such thing as an honest anything anymore. anywhere and everywhere, every person is trying to do the very least and make the very most. thats why it pisses me off knowing that in my field i give it the extra and dont charge the extra. the world lacks people who will actually do their job and stick to their word.
Careful with those blanket statements.

Old 08-01-2007, 06:54 PM
Vandersnoot
Professional

had a new crate engine installed that had a 1 year warranty. engine blew the 2nd or 3rd day i had it. piston melted, whole 9 yards. when they brought my car in to take the engine out, they disassembled the entire engine and left it in pieces all over the shop, and the tranny etc was out. this was a local well known dealership. they then said it was my fault, and gave me a bill for everything. i then had to take everything to an engine building shop and pay for the engine to be rebuilt. theres no such thing as an honest anything anymore. anywhere and everywhere, every person is trying to do the very least and make the very most. thats why it pisses me off knowing that in my field i give it the extra and dont charge the extra. the world lacks people who will actually do their job and stick to their word.
At the very least......they are few and far between!!

Old 08-01-2007, 07:22 PM
Jr. Mechanic
Grand Champion

They key is to get a salesWOMAN that know what they are talking about, usually they dont like bs and wont give you any...

Old 08-01-2007, 07:36 PM
Sir Hardin Thicke
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: Jr. Mechanic

They key is to get a salesWOMAN that know what they are talking about, usually they dont like bs and wont give you any...
I thought you were only 13...what the hell do you know about women?

Old 08-01-2007, 07:39 PM
HighDuke1911
Champion

ORIGINAL: Sir Hardin Thicke

ORIGINAL: Jr. Mechanic

I thought you were only 13...what the hell do you know about women?
HAHA! The youngin' is right! We had a salesWOMAN sell us our Ram and she was awesome! We loved our first sales rep we had when we bought a 2006 Ram. We came back a year later looking for him. She insisted on helping us. My mom didn't want to hear it! 10 minutes later, my mom was looking at a truck with my dad and I. She knows so much about Rams. She new every little thing even without looking at the paper. She knew her stuff. No BS on her part either. If she is still working at the dealer when we go car hunting again (after we win the lottery of course), we will def. be looking for her!

Old 08-01-2007, 08:14 PM
69RoadRunner
Rookie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's true. Women never lie.

I know of 1 honest dealership. It's right next to the unicorn farm.

Old 08-01-2007, 08:27 PM
HuntinHanson
Champion

I wouldnt necessarily say a dealership but there is a salesman in rochester, mn that is very honest and helpful. I asked question even i knew the answers to last time i was there and he matched what i knew dead on. He was very respectful and polite and courteous and i will definately do business with him again!

Old 08-01-2007, 11:01 PM
Jr. Mechanic
Grand Champion

Not 13, almost 15

Old 08-01-2007, 11:09 PM
sspp
Professional

theres no such thing as an honest anything anymore. anywhere and everywhere, every person is trying to do the very least and make the very most. thats why it pisses me off knowing that in my field i give it the extra and dont charge the extra. the world lacks people who will actually do their job and stick to their word.
Well said...

Old 08-03-2007, 08:01 PM
darend

I found a great dealer in Martin Swanty Dodge in Kingman Arizona. We have bought 8 vehicles from them and their service is great too! Gordon Meadville is the salesman I use and would recommend him to everyone (and have several times) Their service Manager Kevin Lapointe is honest and caring!

Quick Reply: Can someone find ONE honest dealership?