3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

fresh wash fresh pics

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 07:40 PM
Chet Ubetcha
3rd Gen Ram Moderator
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Default RE: fresh wash fresh pics

ORIGINAL: tnt1036

Chet Ubetcha, I have looked at your truck before and was wondering a few things. Do you have a 3 inch body lift and 285/70R17 tires? If that is your combo are you happy with it or do you feel you should have gone bigger tires.
I have the 3" body lift with 17" Pro Comp wheels and 33" Pro Comp A/T tires. I'm sorry I don't know the exact dimensions offhand, but they are most likely what you have there. I am very happy with the combination. Unfortunatley two weeks after I had this done I was in a motorcycle accident and haven't driven since, so I really can't give you a good long-term review of everything.

I don't believe I would have wanted a bigger tire, like the 35". I had contemplated 35"'s, but ultimately decided to go with the 33"'s because it most closely matched what was already on there, dimension wise, with the 20" stock rims. The truck was my daily driver, as well as the fam-wagon (I just didn't fit in my wife's Xterra!), so it was a compromise to try and keep the best gas mileage I could while still having a capable tire for light off-road fun as well as inclement weather. I am happy with the combination. It was never meant to really be an off-road rig. I guess I'm a poser! :P

Perhaps in the future once I'm driving again I might get a smaller car and then go to 35" tires, but I'm more than happy with what I have at the moment.

Hope that helped.

Old 08-06-2007, 07:57 PM
tnt1036
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Chet, I appreciate the response. I think I will be getting the body lift once these tires are gone. I think the 33 inch tires are the way to go,mineis also the family truckster. Sorry to hear about the motorcycle accident those things don't offer much protection.

Old 08-06-2007, 08:41 PM
adamwade
Rookie

Man is that a long truck!!!

Old 08-06-2007, 09:11 PM
Brother Rob
Retired Moderator

Sweet truck! Looks very clean. Warn me next time, so I can put on sunglasses and sunscreen. That sparkle was kickin'!!

Quick Reply: fresh wash fresh pics